Chapter 14 Looking for the treasure
第14章 尋寶記
We went back to eat our breakfast.
我們回去吃了早餐。
They have the ship,Silver told the men,and I don't know where it is.
他們有船,西爾弗說,我不知道在哪兒。
But once we have the treasure,we'll find it soon enough.
但我們一旦找到寶藏,很快就會找到船。
I'll keep the boy close by me when we look for the treasure;
我們尋寶時我會把這孩子帶在身邊;
then,when we have both ship and treasure,we'll persuade Jim to join us,and give him some of the treasure for all his help.
然后,我們會同時擁有船和寶藏,我們會說服吉姆入伙,分給他一些財寶。
The men were happy,but I was afraid.
那伙人都挺高興,我卻害怕起來。
If Silver's plan came true,he would forget Dr Livesey and the others,
如果西爾弗的計劃成真的話,他肯定會忘掉李甫西大夫和其他人。
I was sure And if things went wrong,how could a boy and a one-legged man fight five strong men?
而事情如果搞砸了,一個孩子和一個瘸子哪敵得過五個壯漢?
When we left the stockade,everyone had weapons except me.
我們離開寨子,除我之外每個人都帶著武器。
Silver had two guns;and the parrot,Captain Flint,sat on his shoulder.
西爾弗帶著兩枝槍;那只名叫弗林特船長的鸚鵡在他肩上。
There was a rope around me and I followed after Silver,who held the other end.
我跟在他身后,腰里拴著一根繩子,另一端在他手里。
關于《金銀島》
他每次的單獨行動都讓人為他提心吊膽,然而,他總能化險為夷并有重大發現。從他身上,我們看到了人類好奇心對自身發展的重大意義。