That hanky reminds me of the first day I met you.
那個手帕讓我想起我們第一天見面的情形
First day you lied to me.
你第一天就對我說謊
-I didn't lie. -You did too.
我沒有 你有
-No, I didn't. -Yes, you did.
我沒有 你有
You did too. I thought that Fox stuff was so charming. F-O-X.
你有,狐貍那段說的真精彩
I didn't lie about it.
我并沒有說錯啊
"Joe,Just call me Joe. "
請叫我喬
Sure.
這又怎么樣
As if you were a stupid 22-year-old girl with no last name.
你就像那些無知的22歲沒姓氏女生一樣
"Hi, I'm Kimberly. " "Hi, I'm Janice. "
“你好,我是金伯利。”“你好,我是珍妮斯。”
Don’t they know you are supposed to have a last name?
她們難道不曉得你應該知道自己姓什么嗎?
It's like they're an entire generation of cocktail waitresses.
好像那代的女生全都是雞尾酒女侍者
Look. I am not a 22-year-old cocktail waitress. -That's not what I meant.
聽著… 我不是22歲雞尾酒女侍者 我不是這個意思
What I said about Price Club and olive oil, that's not what I meant.
那當我說到廉價商店和沙拉油時,我也不是那個意思
You poor, sad multimillionaire. I feel so sorry for you.
你這可憐的百萬富翁 我真為你感到難過
I'll take a wild guess that's not him, either.
我相信你等的不是他
So who is he, I wonder? Certainly not the world's greatest expert on Julius and Ethel Rosenberg. But somebody else entirely different.
他到底是誰,我想?肯定不是世界上研究朱利葉斯和埃塞爾.羅森堡的最在行的專家。絕對是不一樣的人。
Will you be mean to him too?
你會不會也對他說狠話
No, I will not. The man who is coming here is completely unlike you.
我不會。因為今晚我要見的人和你完全不同
The man who is coming here is kind and funny. He's got a wonderful sense of humor.
他是很有愛心,很風趣有很棒的幽默感
But... he's not here.
但是他沒來
If he's not, he has a reason... because there is not a cruel or careless bone in his body.
我相信他有他的理由,因為他絕對是個好人
I wouldn't expect you to understand anybody like that.
但是我不期待你能了解他那樣的好人
You, with your theme park, homogenize-the-world mochaccinoland.
你和你的主題公園,那家像游樂場的咖啡樂園
You’ve deluded yourself that you're a benefactor bringing books to the masses.
你欺騙自己是把書帶給大眾的施主
But no one will ever remember you. And maybe no one will remember me.
但是沒有人會記得你,或許也沒有人會記得我
But plenty of people remember my mother. They think she was fine. They think her store was something special.
但是至少會有 一部份人記得我媽。他們認為她人很好 她的店很特別
You are nothing but a suit.
你只能算是衣冠禽獸