W: Good morning, sit down please Mr. Johnson.
女士:早上好,請坐,約翰遜先生。
M: Thank you, ma'am.
約翰遜先生:謝謝你,女士。
W: I have read your letter here. You seem to have done very well at school. Can you tell me something about your school work?
女士:我在這里讀過你的信。你似乎在學校表現得很好。你能跟我講講你學校的工作嗎?
M: As you can see, my strongest subjects were art subjects. My best subject was history and my second best was geography.
約翰遜先生:正如你所看到的,我最擅長的科目是藝術。我最好的科目是歷史,其次是地理。
M: However, my favorite subject was math and the results I got in the math paper were quite reasonable.
約翰遜先生:然而,我最喜歡的科目是數學,我的數學論文相當不錯。
W: That's true. Now can you tell me why you think these subjects will help you in this job?
女士:這是真的。現在你能告訴我為什么你認為這些科目會對你的工作有幫助呢?
M: Well, ma'am, I understand that you manufacture computers, prepare software and advise clients on how to use them. Is that right?
約翰遜先生:嗯,女士,我知道你們生產電腦,準備軟件,并向客戶建議如何使用。是這樣嗎?
W: That's right.
女士:是的。
M: And I've been told that working with computers needs the logical mind rather than great skills in mathematics.
約翰遜先生:有人說,與計算機打交道需要的是邏輯思維,而不是高超的數學技能。
M: That's especially true, I believe, when it comes to writing programs.
約翰遜先生:我相信,當涉及到編寫程序時,這一點尤其正確。
M: So I think my results show that I have some ability in logic and in mathematics as well.
約翰遜先生:所以我認為我的科目成績表明我在邏輯和數學方面也有一些能力。
W: So you would like to write material for computers, would you?
女士:所以你想為電腦編寫程序,是嗎?
M: Yes, ma'am, that's what interests me most about computers: writing programs.
約翰遜先生:是的,女士,這就是我對計算機最感興趣的地方:編寫程序。
M: But I think the computer industry itself is still expanding enormously.
約翰遜先生:但是我認為計算機產業本身仍在極大的擴張。
M: I am sure that career prospects in the industry will be very good no matter what sort of job I went into.
約翰遜先生:我相信,無論我從事什么樣的工作,這個行業的職業前景都會很好。
W: I see. Well, thank you. I've enjoyed our talk, we'll be writing to you.
女士:我明白了。好,謝謝你。我很喜歡我們的談話,我們會寫信給你。
M: Thank you ma'am. Good morning.
約翰遜先生:謝謝你女士。早上好