And a promise not to stand you up this time.還向你保證這次絕不放你鴿子
stand sb up:失約
First she agreed to come out with me, then she stood me up.
她先是同意跟我出去,后來又爽約了。
You are back so early! Your girlfriend stood you up again, did she?
回來這么早!女朋友又放你鴿子了吧?
This party will be the best thing that ever happened to us.這個宴會是我們大展拳腳的好機會
happen to:碰巧; 正巧
We happen to hold the same view.
我們兩人的想法不謀而合。
I happen to have the official statistics with me.
我碰巧身邊有官方的統計數字。
Absolutely. I have some business I'd like to discuss with you as well.正好,我也有公事要跟你談談
as well:也;又
He is a friend in word as well as in deed.
他是個言行如一的朋友
Actually, I came to speak with you.其實,我是來找你談談的
speak with:和 ... 談話
She spoke with studied politeness.
她故作有禮地講話。
They wanted to speak with us for a few minutes.
他們想和我們談一會兒話。