Buttons and clay pottery?
紐扣和粘土陶器嗎?
Did the old owners leave in such a hurry that they left their clothes and dishes behind?
那這些物件的前任主人們離開的如此匆忙以致于忘記了自己的衣服和盤子嗎?
Hmmm… that's just one of the questions we hope to answer with this project.
嗯…這只是其中一個我們希望憑借這一項目能夠解開的問題。
Wow, and it's all right here on campus.
哇,就是在校園這里。
That's right, no traveling involved.
是的,不用涉及旅行。
I wouldn't expect volunteers to travel to a site,
我不會指望志愿者旅行跋涉到一個地點,
especially in the middle of the semester.
尤其是在這個學期中間的時候。
We expect to find many more things, but we do need more people to help.
我們希望發現更多的東西,但是我們確實需要很多人的幫助。
So… how many student volunteers are you looking for?
所以你們在找多少學生志愿者?
I'm hoping to get five or six.
我希望找到5至6人。
I've asked for volunteers in all of the classes I teach, but no one has responded.
我已經在自己所教的所有班上問過了志愿者事宜,但是無人響應。
You are the first person to express interest.
你是第一位感興趣的人。
Sounds like it could be a lot of work.
聽起來可能需要大量的工作。
Is there er… is there anyway I can use the experience to get some extra credit in class?
還有呃…我可以使用得到的經驗在課程中獲得一些額外加分嗎?
I mean, can I write a paper about it?
我的意思是,我可以寫一篇關于它的文章嗎?
I think it'll depend on what type of work you do in the excavation,
我認為這將取決于你從事何種類型的挖掘工作,
but I imagine we can arrange something.
但我想我們可以安排一些。
Actually I've been considering offering extra credit for class because I've been having a tough time getting volunteers.
事實上我一直在考慮提供額外加分,因為我一直很難找到志愿者。
Extra credit is always a good incentive for students.
額外加分總是能夠很好的激勵學生們。
And how often would you want the volunteers to work?
那你會安排志愿者進行工作多長時間?
We're asking for three or four hours per week, depending on your schedule.
我們要求每周工作3至4個小時,根據你的安排而定。
A senior researcher, I think you know John Franklin, my assistant, is on site every day.
而一位高級研究員,我想你認識我的助理約翰·富蘭克林, 他每天都在現場。
Sure, I know John.
當然,我認識他。
By the way, will there be some sort of training?
順便問一句,會有一些培訓嗎?
Yes, er… I want to wait still Friday to see how many students volunteer,
是的,呃…我想等到周五,看看有多少學生志愿者,
and then I'll schedule the training class next week at a time that's convenient for everyone.
然后為了方便大家下周我會安排培訓一次。
Ok. I'll wait to hear from you.
好的。我會等候你的通知。
Thanks a lot for accepting me.
謝謝接收我。