Listen to a conversation between a student and a professor.
請聽下面學生和教授之間的一段對話。
Hi, Professor Archure, you know how in class last week you said you were looking for students?
嗨,雅克教授,您還記得上周您在課上說正在尋找學生嗎?
who are interested in volunteering for your archeology project?
詢問誰有興趣參加您的考古項目志愿活動的事情?
Of course, are you volunteering?
當然,你是志愿者?
Yes, I am. It sounds really interesting,
是的,我想參加。聽起來很有趣,
but er… do I need to have any experience for these kinds of projects?
但是呃…我需要有這些項目的經驗嗎?
No, not really.
不,不需要的。
I assume that most students taking the introductory level of class would have little or no experience with the archeological research, but that's ok.
我認為大多數聽入門級別課程的學生很少或根本不具備考古研究相關經驗,但沒關系。
Oh, good, that's a relief.
哦,好的,有種如釋重負的感覺。
Actually, that's why I'm volunteering for the project-to get experience.
實際上,這就是為什么我志愿參加這一項目的原因—收獲經驗。
What kind of work is it?
這是什么樣的工作?
Well, as you know, we're studying the history of the campus this semester.
嗯,你知道, 這學期我們正在研究校園的歷史。
This used to be an agricultural area and we already know that where the main lecture hall now stands,
這里曾經是一片農業區域而且我們已經知道,現在的主講堂,
there once were farm house and barn that were erected in the late 1700s.
曾經是建于18世紀晚期的農場房子和谷倉。
We are excavating near the lecture hall to see what types of artifacts we find,
我們正在靠近講堂的地方挖掘看看我們發現什么類型的工藝品,
you know, things people used in the past that got buried when the campus was constructed.
你知道,過去的人們使用的物品在建造校園的時候就埋在這里了。
We've already began to find some very interesting items like old bottles, buttons, pieces of clay pottery.
我們已經發現了一些非常有趣的物品,像是舊瓶子、紐扣、粘土陶器碎片等等。