The year 1596 began well,but that summer the weather was really bad.
1596年初風調雨順,不料夏天天氣很糟,
Cold.Wet.It never stopped raining,and the plague began to come back into London.
潮濕陰冷,又遇連綿大雨,倫敦的瘟疫卷土重來,
We were in Stratford for the summer,
于是我們回到斯特拉福鎮過夏天。
but I went down to Hampshire for a few weeks to do some business for Will about some sheep.
于是我有幾個星期去了漢普郡幫威爾料理羊毛生意。
Will didn't need me at home,because he was busy writing his new play,A Midsummer Night's Dream.
威爾家中一時用不著我幫忙,當時他正忙于編寫一部新劇本—《仲夏夜之夢》,
I came back to Stratford one wet August evening.
八月的一個雨夜,我回到斯特拉福鎮。
The house in Henley Street was strangely quiet,and I went round the back and up to Will's room—his writing room, we called it.
亨里街的宅邸出奇地靜,我便繞到后門徑直到了威爾的房間—他的寫作室,我們這樣稱呼。
He was just sitting there not doing anything,just sitting.
他正坐在那里,一動不動地只是呆坐著。
What's the matter,Will?I said.Where is everybody?
出了什么事,威爾?我問道,其他人呢?
At church.His face was grey,and his eyes looked empty,dead.
在教堂。他臉色蒼白,眼睛茫然呆滯。