Oh yes?I said.All parents talk like that about their children.
是嗎?我說,所有父母都是這么說自己的孩子。
I don't believe a word of it.
我可不信。
I didn't see much of Will's wife.
我不常見到威爾夫人,
I knew she didn't like me.
也清楚她不喜歡我。
To her,I was one of Will's wild friends,who got him into trouble.
對她而言,我是威爾的一個粗野朋友,這種朋友只會讓他出麻煩。
She came from a very serious,Puritan family.
她出生于一個虔誠的清教徒家庭,
Lots of church-going,and no singing or dancing.
除了去教堂外根本不懂音樂和舞蹈。
Soon there was another baby on the way,
不久,又一個孩子要出世了。
and one evening in February 1585 I hurried round to Henley Street to hear the news.
1585年2月的一個夜晚我急匆匆地趕到亨里街去打聽消息。
Will's sister,Joan,opened the door,and then Will came running down the stairs.
威爾的妹妹瓊為我開了門,接著就見威爾跑下樓梯。
It's two of them!he said.Twins!A girl and a boy.Isn't that wonderful!
一胎兩個呢!他說道,是雙胞胎!一女一男。真是妙極了!