And so I wrote her back. And she wrote me back.
我又回信 這樣一來一往
Well, it’s been eight years, I think.
然后,就寫了八年
- Avis. - Julia.
- 艾維斯 - 朱莉婭
- My darling friend. - Look at you.
- 我親愛的朋友 - 瞧瞧你啊
Brilliant friend. Bless you.
我的智友,祝福你
This is a very impressive undertaking, Mrs. Child and Mrs. Beck.
Child和Beck女士 這是一部讓人印象深刻的著作
Well, thank you very, very much.
謝謝夸獎
And your editor loves it.
你的編輯很喜歡它
I do. I think it’s brilliant.
確實,我認為相當精彩
There’s really nothing else like it on the market.
市場上并無相似的著作
- The problem is not just the length. - It’s 700 pages.
- 問題不僅在于它的厚度 - 700頁啊
- Yes, we know. It is long. - Yes, we know it’s long.
- 我們知道它有點兒厚 - 我們知道它有點兒厚
You have 700 pages of just sauce and poultry recipes.
而且你700頁都是來講醬汁和家禽的食譜
We were thinking that you could publish it in a series of volumes.
我們想過,你們可以按照一個系列來出版
Volume One, Sauces.
第一卷,醬汁
- Volume Two... - Poultry.
- 第二卷 - 禽類
Yes.
對
Volume Three, Fish. Meat, vegetables, and desserts.
第三卷,魚類 以此類推,肉類,蔬菜類和甜點類
That’s one, two, three... That’s six volumes.
一,二,三… 一共六卷
Eggs.
蛋類
- Eggs. - Eggs. Seven. Seven volumes.
- 蛋類 - 蛋類,第七卷