Would you really want to do that?
你真想變成那樣嗎?
Live 14,000 years?
活14000年?
Well, if I could stay healthy and I didn’t age.
當然,前提是我活得健康而且不變老。
I mean, why not?
為什么不呢?
Yeah. What a chance to learn.
是啊,多好的學習機會啊。
Is anyone hungry?
有人肚子餓了嗎?
You know, the more I think about it, yeah, it’s possible.
我越想,是的,我越覺得可能。
Anything is possible, right?
任何事都有可能,是吧?
After all, one century’s magic, another century’s science.
畢竟,前一個世紀屬于神秘,后一個世紀屬于科學。
They thought columbus was a nut job, right?
那時候人們認為哥倫布是神經病,不是嗎?
Pasteur, copernicus?
巴斯德(法國 發明狂犬疫苗) 還有哥白尼?
Aristarchus long before that.
還有很久之前的阿利斯塔克斯。
Right.
對。
I had a chance to sail with columbus.
我有機會和哥倫布一起航行。
Only I’m not the adventurous type.
但是我不擅長冒險。
I was pretty sure the earth was round.
我當時很肯定地球就是圓的。
But at that point, I still thought.
但在這件事上,我仍然覺得。
He might fall off an edge someplace.
他有可能從某個邊緣摔下去。
John Look around, john.
看看大家。
We just did.
我們剛剛都上當了。
I suppose there’s a joke in there somewhere.
我覺得剛才那段話肯定有個笑點。
But I don’t get it.
但我沒抓住。