1.find the length of one's feet:be aware of one's weakness or shortcomings 知道某人的短處或缺點
We've been friends for many years and sure I can easily find the length of his feet.
我們是多年的朋友,我很了解他的缺點 。
2.nip sth. in the bud:把……扼殺在萌芽中;防患于未然
You seem to have started smoking now; I remind you that it is an extremely addictive habit, so the best thing for you to do is to nip it in the bud.
你現在好像開始在抽煙;我可要提醒你:抽煙可是個非常容易上癮的惡習,所以你最好在剛開始的時候就把煙戒了 。 3.pepper:add flavor to 大量給予
The reporters peppered the spokesman with questions.
記者們向發言人連續發問 。
4.find it in one's heart to do:意欲;忍心做(多用否定句)
If I wasn't obliged to, I couldn't find it in my heart to give offence to my loved ones.
要不是被迫無奈,我是不忍心去觸怒我所愛的人的 。
5.it strikes me that:it suddenly enters one's mind; occur to 閃入腦海;想到
1)The thought struck me from out of the blue.
我突然有了這想法 。
2)It struck (occurred to) me that the girl was trying to flirt with the married man.
我突然想起來,那女孩試圖和那個已婚男子調情 。
6.know someone like/better than he knows himself:know someone very deeply 對某人知根知底
He can't fool me. I know him better than he knows himself.
他騙不了我 。我了解他勝于他了解自己 。
n. 賣弄風騷的人,調情的人 vi. 掠過,輕率對待,調