The Road Trip
汽車旅行
This is the most fantastic trip I have ever experienced, said Alice.
這是我經歷過的最美妙的一次旅行。愛麗絲說,
Alice had never been to Europe before.
愛麗絲以前從沒去過歐洲。
Now, she and her best friend Bessie were driving across Europe in a car.
現在她正和她最要好的朋友貝西驅車穿越歐洲。
It was a dream comes true for both of them.
對她們來說,這真是夢想成真。
It's always been my fantasy to travel abroad.
到國外旅游一直是我的夢想。
I love the women's fashions here.
我喜歡這里的女士時裝。
I could shop for hours. The city zoo was interesting too.
我可以一連幾個小時逛商店。
The unique fauna fascinated me.
城市動物園也很有趣。
I have never seen zoos like that back home.
這里特有的動物群真令我著迷,在國內沒見過這樣的動物園。
I really think this is a fateful trip for both of us.
我真的覺得對咱兩來說這是一次命運攸關的旅行。
I don't believe in fatalism, Bessie giggled.
我不相信宿命論。貝西咯咯地笑著說,
But I agree that the effects of this trip are far-reaching.
但我也認為這次旅行的影響將是長久深遠的,
This trip is going to changes us forever.
它將永遠地改變我們。
For now, we should probably fasten our seatbelts.
現在,我們可能應該系緊安全帶了。
There have been many fatal crashes in this area.
這個地區已有多起撞車致死的事件發生。
Also, the fatigue of driving is beginning to make me sleepy.
再有,開車的勞累讓我開始昏昏欲睡了。
Maybe we should stop, Alice said.
也許我們該停下歇會。愛麗絲說,
Is there a favorable hotel in the area?
附近有令人滿意的旅館嗎?
It's not feasible for us to stop now, Bessie replied.
現在就停下來是不可行的。貝西回答到。
There were no lighted areas in sight.
周圍看不見任何光亮。
Don't worry, the most favored hotel in the guidebook is just an hour away.
不要擔心,導游書上提到的那家最優惠的旅館再過一小時就到了。
They have floral carpets and golden faucets.
那里有印花的地毯和金光閃閃的水龍頭。
The book says it's good enough to please the most fastidious customer.
那本書說這家旅館服務上乘,連最挑剔的顧客也會心滿意足的。
Obviously, they haven't met you, laughed Alice.
顯然,他們還沒碰見你。愛麗絲大笑起來,
I'm sure you'll find at least one fault.
我相信你一定會挑出至少一個毛病來。
By the way, what did you think of that play we saw last night? Bessie asked.
順便說一句,你認為昨晚那個戲劇怎末樣?貝西問。
It was a fatuous performance, Alice said.
真是一場愚昧的演出。愛麗絲說。
I wonder if it was intended to be a farce.
我懷疑他們想把它演成一部鬧劇。