They had barely set foot in the cool entrance hall when a voice rang out, “There you are, Potter —Weasley.”
剛踏進陰涼的門廳,就聽一個聲音響起。“你們回來了,波特、韋斯萊,”
Professor McGonagall was walking toward them, looking stern. “You will both do your detentions this evening.”
麥格教授板著臉向他們走來,“你們倆晚上留下來。”
“What're we doing, Professor?” said Ron, nervously suppressing a burp.
“我們要做什么,老師?”羅恩問,一面緊張地忍住一個嗝。
“You will be polishing the silver in the trophy room with Mr. Filch,” said Professor McGonagall.
“你去幫費爾奇先生擦獎品陳列室里的銀器,”麥格教授說道,
“And no magic, Weasley — elbow grease.”
“不許用魔法,韋斯萊——全用手擦。”
Ron gulped. Argus Filch, the caretaker, was loathed by every student in the school.
羅恩倒吸一口氣。看門人費爾奇是所有學生都憎恨的人。
“And you, Potter, will be helping Professor Lockhart answer his fan mail,” said Professor McGonagall.
“波特,你去幫洛哈特教授給他的崇拜者回信。”麥格教授說。
“Oh n — Professor, can't I go and do the trophy room, too?” said Harry desperately.
“啊,不要,我也去擦獎品行嗎?”哈利絕望地乞求。
“Certainly not,” said Professor McGonagall, raising her eyebrows.
“當然不行,”麥格教授揚起眉毛,
“Professor Lockhart requested you particularly. Eight o'clock sharp, both of you.”
“洛哈特教授點名要你。你們倆記住,晚上八點整。”
Harry and Ron slouched into the Great Hall in states of deepest gloom, Hermione behind them,wearing a well-you-did-break-school-rules sort of expression.
哈利和羅恩垂頭喪氣地走進大禮堂,赫敏跟在后面,臉上的表情仿佛是說:“你們的確違反了校規嘛。”