Most of the memories I have from childhood are happy ones.
我童年的大多數回憶都是快樂的
Warm summer days filled with love and light.
充滿愛意與陽光的夏日
And the certainty that even the darkest storm would eventually pass.
我也相信就算最可怕的狂風暴雨也終會過去
And for a while, at least, they always did.
雖然黑暗會持續一段時間 但一定會雨過天晴
And then?
然后呢
And then...my parents' car...went off a cliff and...they were both killed.
然后我父母的車墜落懸崖 然后他們喪生了
But you were not.
但是你沒有死
No. I survived.
對 我活了下來
Clearly it's...this early exposure to impermanence that makes it so difficult for you to trust in your adult relationships.
顯然過早體會到世事無常讓你很難相信人與人之間的關系
But how do I get past that?
我要怎樣才能克服呢
I mean, I really want to...move forward with this guy at I was telling you about,
我真的很想和我之前提到的那個人有所進展
but...I don't know. I guess I'm just afraid.
但是 我也不知道 我想就是害怕吧
Emily, we've been circling this theme for a year now.
艾米莉 我們已經圍繞這個話題聊了一年多了
It's time for you to stop playing the victim.
是時候走出那段不幸的陰影了
Time for you to start taking an active role in your own happiness.
你該放手追逐屬于自己的幸福了
Until you do that, the only thing you can expect, from this new relationship or any other is that it will end badly.
不然不論是這段感情 還是以后你的人際交往都不會有完滿的結果
Okay. Think about that for next week.
自己好好想想 下周再見
Thank you, Dr. Banks.
謝謝你 班克斯醫生