Ron didn't answer; Snape had just awarded Hufflepuff a penalty because George Weasley had hit a Bludger at him.
羅恩沒有回答。斯內普剛才判給赫奇帕奇隊一個罰球,因為喬治把一只游走球對準他打了過來。
Hermione, who had all her fingers crossed in her lap, was squinting fixedly at Harry,
赫敏十指交叉著放在膝蓋上,瞇起眼睛緊緊地盯著哈利。
who was circling the game like a hawk,looking forthe Snitch.
只見哈利像老鷹一樣圍著賽場盤旋,尋找金色飛賊。
You know how I think they choose people for the Gryffindor team?
“你知道格蘭芬多隊是怎么挑選隊員的嗎?”
said Malfoy loudly a few minutes later, as Snape awarded Hufflepuff another penalty for no reason at all.
幾分鐘后,當斯內普毫無道理地又判給赫奇帕奇隊一個罰球時,馬爾福大聲說道,
It's people they feel sorry for. See, there's Potter, who's got no parents,
“他們挑選的是那些他們覺得可憐的人。比如波特,沒爹沒媽,
then there's the Weasleys, who've got no money—you should be on the team, Longbottom, you've got no brains.
還有韋斯萊兄弟,家里沒錢——你也應該入隊呀,納威·隆巴頓,因為你沒有頭腦。”
Neville went bright red butturnedin his seat to face Malfoy.
納威臉漲得通紅,他從椅子上轉過身子,面對馬爾福。
I'm worth twelve of you, Malfoy, he stammered.
“我比十二個你加在一起都強,馬爾福。”他結結巴巴地說。
Malfoy, Crabbe, and Goyle howled with laughter, but Ron, still not daring to take his eyes from the game, said, You tell him, Neville.
馬爾福、克拉布和高爾怪聲怪氣地大笑起來,羅恩不敢讓眼睛離開賽場,嘴里說:“給他點厲害瞧瞧,納威。”
Longbottom, if brains were gold you'd be poorer than Weasley, and that's saying something.
“隆巴頓,如果頭腦是金子,你就比韋斯萊還窮,這就很能說明問題了。”
Ron's nerves were already stretched to the breaking point with anxiety about Harry.
羅恩一直為哈利揪著心,緊張得神經都要繃斷了。
I'm warning you, Malfoy—one more word.
“我警告你,馬爾福——你再敢說一句——”
Ron! said Hermione suddenly, Harry—What? Where?
“羅恩!”赫敏突然說道,“哈利——!” “怎么啦?在哪兒?”