UNIT 5 Culture Shapes Us
第五單元 文化塑造我們
Lesson 40: Unit Review
第40課:單元復習
I.Building Your Vocabulary
A.Complete the sentences with the proper forms of the given words.
B.Complete the sentences with proper words using the first letters given as your guide.
C.Complete the passage with proper words or phrases.
II.Grammar in Use
A.Fill in the blanks with proper words.
B.Fill in the blanks with the proper forms of the given words.
III.Speaking the Language.Complete the following dialogue.
IV.Putting It All Together
A.Read and fill in the blanks.
B.Let's do the project.
IF YOU GO TO CANADA
如果你去加拿大
People from many different cultures live in Canada.
來自不同文化的人們居住在加拿大。
In some cities,people of the same culture live together in one neighbourhood.
在一些城市,相同文化的人們在一個小區生活在一起。
They try to keep their culture alive.
他們試圖讓他們的文化充滿生機。
If you come to Canada,will you try to keep your culture alive?
如果你來到加拿大,你會試著讓你的文化有生機嗎?
In small groups,discuss this question.
小組討論這個問題。
List your ideas about:
列出你們的想法:
What will threaten your culture.
什么會威脅到你的文化。
What you personally will do to keep your culture.
你個人會做什么來保持你的文化。
Share your ideas with another group.
把你們的想法與另一組分享。
If the other group has some good ideas,add them to your list.
如果其他組有什么好的想法,加到你們的列表里。
C.Written work,In groups talk about good Chinese table manners and write them down.
Do you Know?Having Meals
就餐
Would you like something to eat/drink?
要來點吃的或喝的嗎?
What would you like (to have)?
你想要點什么?
Would you like some more soup?
你還想再來點湯嗎?
Help yourself to some soup.
請隨便喝點湯。
It's very kind of you.
你真好。
Yes,I'd like a drink.
是的,我想喝點東西。
I'd like rice and chicken.
我想吃米飯和雞肉。
Just a little,please.
請只來一點就可以了。
Can I have some more soup?
我能再喝點湯嗎?
It's so delicious.Thank you.
真好吃,謝謝你。
I like green tea.
我喜歡綠茶。
No,thank you.I've had enough.
不,謝謝,我吃飽了。
I'm full,thank you.
我飽了,謝謝。
Object Complements
賓語補足語
They work hard to keep their culture alive.
他們努力使他們的文化有生機。
They see meat hanging in shop windows.
他們看見肉掛在商店的櫥窗里。
They find it strange to see boxes of fancy fruit and vegetables on the sidewalks.
他們看見人行道上擺著的一盒盒優質的蔬菜和水果,覺得很奇怪。
It made me remember my own visit to Canada.
這讓我想起了我自己去加拿大的旅行。
This week they taught us to sing some very old dinosaur songs.
這周他們教我們唱一些非常古老的恐龍歌。
Attributive Clauses
定語從句
The stork was different from other animals that (Which) the fox had met.
白鸛與狐貍見過的其他動物都不同。
Canada welcomes cultural differences in the people who (that) live here.
加拿大歡迎居住在那里的人們的文化差異。
But the food wasn't the only thing that was strange.
食物并不是唯一令人感到奇怪的東西。
Do you remember the man who (that) served us at the restaurant that day?
你記得那天在飯店招待我們的那個人嗎?