UNIT 3 Pardon Me!
第三單元 原諒我!
Lesson 22: Do Manners Matter?
第22課:禮貌重要嗎?
THINK ABOUT IT!
想一想!
Have you received a gift before?
你以前收到過禮物嗎?
What did you say when you received it?
收到禮物的時候你說了什么?
Which is more important to you,saying something or doing it?
對于你來說,說些什么或做些什么哪個更重要?
How are Chinese and North American manners different?
中國與北美的禮貌有什么不同?
I have many good friends in Canada,
我在加拿大還是有許多好朋友,
though Canadian culture is different from Chinese culture.
盡管加拿大與中國的文化不一樣。
My name is Wu Zhou.I have lived in Canada for fourteen years.
我叫吳周。我在加拿大住了已經有14年了。
In Canada,I call myself Joe Wu.
在加拿大,我稱自己為喬吳。
"Joe" is an English name that sounds like "Zhou."
“喬”是一個英文名字,和“周”發音相似。
I have lived in Canada for a long time,but I don't feel Canadian.
我住在加拿大已經有很長時間了,但是我感到自己不像是加拿大人。
Good manners in North America are different from good manners in China.
在北美文明禮貌和在中國不一樣。
In North America,there are lots of words for being polite.
在北美,有很多禮貌的詞。
If you don't say "please" and "thank you," people think you are very rude.
如果你不說“請”和“謝謝”,人們就會認為你非常粗魯。
In China,it's different.
在中國,就不一樣了。
What you do is more important than what you say.
你的所作所為比你說什么更重要。
Oh,Jenny!It's wonderful!
哦,珍妮!太棒了!
Thank you!Thank you!
謝謝你!謝謝你!
I've never had anything so special!
我從沒有過如此特別的東西!
It's the best!Where did you get it?
這是最好的!你是從哪里得到它的?
I want to get one for my mother!
我想為我媽媽買一個!
Stop that,Danny!It's just a pencil.
丹尼,不要那樣!只是一支鉛筆而已。
When people give you gifts in Canada,you thank them with many words.
在加拿大當人們送給你禮物時,你要用很多話來感謝他們。
You might say,"What a great gift!
你可以說:“多么棒的禮物??!
Thanks so much!I love it!
非常感謝你!我很喜歡!
It's just what I wanted!"
這正好是我想要的!”
In China,usually you don't take a gift at first.
在中國,在開始時通常不收禮物。
You try to give it back.
你試圖退回禮物。
You might say,"Please keep it for yourself."
你可以說:“請你自己留著吧。”
Finally,you just say,"Thanks."
最后,你只能說:“謝謝?!?br />In North America,people also think about praise differently.
在北美,人們也想出不同的贊美之詞。
I teach at a university in Canada.
我在加拿大一所大學教書。
I praise my students for good work.
我贊美我的學生們干得不錯。
The Chinese way is different.
而中國的方式是不同的。
Teachers often tell students what's wrong with their work.
老師通常告訴學生他們哪里做錯了。
Why do you think North American manners and Chinese manners are so different?
你認為為什么北美和中國的禮貌會如此不同呢?
LET'S DO IT!
做一做!
In a small group,talk about what it would be like if you moved to Canada.
小組討論如果你搬到加拿大會是什么樣。
Then,imagine being a Canadian who has moved to China.
然后,想象你是一個搬到中國的加拿大人。
Write down your ideas and report them to the class.
寫出你的想法并報道給全班同學。
adj. 粗魯的,無禮的
adj. 粗糙