UNIT 4 Look into Science!
第四單元 走進科學!
Lesson 27: Danny the "Dry-o-saur"!
第27課: 丹尼 the "Dry-o-saur"!
Danny, Jenny and Brian stand in front of the class.
丹尼,珍妮,布賴恩站在同學們的前面。
Everyone laughs.
每個人都在笑。
Danny is wearing his swimsuit!
丹尼穿著他的泳衣!
"Okay, everyone!" says Jenny.
“好了,大家注意!” 珍妮說,
"We are going to show you an interesting experiment."
“我們將要給你們演示一個很有趣的實驗。”
Danny sits down.
丹尼坐了下來。
Brian puts water into the jar.
布賴恩把水灌到罐子里。
He puts the cardboard on top of the jar.
他把紙板放到罐子蓋上。
He puts his hand on the cardboard and turns the jar upside down.
他將手放在紙板上把罐子倒了過來。
Then he holds the jar above Danny's head.
然后他將罐子舉到丹尼的頭頂上。
"Next, Brian will take his hand off the cardboard," says Jenny.
“接下來,布賴恩會從紙板上把手拿開。” 珍妮說。
"Now you know why I'm wearing my swimsuit," says Danny.
“現在你們知道我為什么穿泳衣了?!?丹尼說。
"Danny's theory is that he will now get wet," says Jenny.
“丹尼的理論是他會被水弄濕。” 珍妮說,
"Is he right, class?"
“他是正確的嗎,同學們?”
"Yes, I think so!" says one student.
“是的,我想是!” 一個學生說。
"No, I don't think so!" says Brian.
“不,我認為不是!” 布賴恩說。
Are you ready, Danny?
你準備好了嗎,丹尼?
I guess so.
我想是的。
Brian takes away his hand. Brian is right!
布賴恩拿走了他的手。布賴恩是正確的!
"Are you surprised, class?" asks Jenny.
“你們驚訝嗎,同學們?” 珍妮問,
"Examine the jar and the cardboard.
“檢查一下罐子和紙板。
We have discovered that cardboard can hold the water in.
我們已經發現了紙板能夠讓水不從罐子里流出來。
What are your conclusions? Why didn't Danny get wet?"
你們的結論是什么?為什么丹尼沒有濕?”
"Maybe you used glue!" says one student.
“或許你用了膠水!” 一個學生說。
"No, that's not it! The air pushes up on the cardboard," explains Brian.
“不,不是的!空氣能夠托住紙板,” 布賴恩解釋說,
"It's like water pushing up on a boat.
“就像水能夠讓船浮起來一樣。
The force is strong enough to hold the water."
這力量足夠把水托住。”
"Air is stronger than I thought!" says Danny. Weird Mud
“空氣的力量比我想的要強大!” 丹尼說。魔泥
In this experiment, you make something that's sometimes a liquid and sometimes a solid.
在這個實驗里,你可以制作一些有時是液體,而有時是固體的東西。
What do you need?
你需要什么?
a bowl ,a spoon ,cornstarch ,water ,
一只碗,一只勺,淀粉,水,
What do you do?
你要做什么?
1.Put eight spoonfuls of cornstarch into the bowl.
把八勺淀粉放到碗里。
2.Add four to five spoonfuls of water.
加四到五勺水。
3.Mix the cornstarch and water together.
把水和淀粉混合在一起。
4.Pour the mud into your hand.
把漿液倒在你的手里。
5.Open and close your hand.
伸開,握緊你的手。
What is happening? Some things dissolve in water.
會發生什么?某些物質溶于水。
Sugar dissolves in water. Salt dissolves in water.
糖溶于水。鹽溶于水。
But not cornstarch. It only mixes with water.
但是淀粉不溶于水。 它只能和水混合。
When you close your hand and press, some of the water gets out.
當你把手握緊擠壓時,會流出一些水。
The mud becomes solid.
漿液變成了固體。
When you open your hand, the water mixes in again.
當你松開手時,水又重新混合進去。
Now it is a liquid!
現在是液體了!
What else can you do?
你還能做什么其他的嗎?
Put some of the mud in a bowl.
在碗里放一些漿液。
Now hit the mud with your open hand.
用你的手敲打漿液。
What happens?
發生了什么?
Now do the same thing with water.
現在用水做同樣的事情。
Are the mud and water the same when you hit them?
當你敲打時,水和漿液會是一樣的嗎?
vt. 消除,解散,使溶解,解決(問題), 使沮喪