I remember your parents' first house very well.
我還清楚記得你父母的第一棟房子
It was on Spring Avenue, near the park.
那房子是在Springg Avenue 公園附近。
I grew up in that house.
我就在那棟房子長長大的
Yes, and you were such a cute baby.
對 你當時是個很逗人喜愛的嬰兒
I've seen pictures of him.
我見過他的照片。
He had blond hair.
他原來是金色頭 。
I've been friendly with the Stewart family
我和Stewart家有交情
for a long time,
很久了
so it's my pleasure
所以現在我很樂意
to help you find a house now.
幫助你們找房子。
Well, we're not sure we can afford one.
嗯 我們還不知道是不是負擔得起
But we'd like to find out
但我們想知道
about the possibilities.
有多大的可能性。
That's a good idea.
這是個好主意。
I love your house on Linden Street.
我喜歡你們家在Liinden街的房子。
I sold your father that house seventeen years ago.
十七年前我把那棟房子賣給你父親的
Really?
真的
Yes, Mom was pregnant with Robbie then,
是的 那時媽媽懷著Robbie
and they needed the extra room.
他們需要多一些空間
I hear you're expecting a baby, Mrs. Stewart.
我聽說你們快有小孩了 Stewart太太
Mmm-hmm.
嗯。
So we will be needing more room.
所以我們也將需要更大的空間
Oh, so you don't need something immediately?
呵 所以你們 不是急著馬上就要
No. But in five or six months ...
不急。但是在五 六個月後……
And time passes so quickly.
可是時間過得很快
Yes, it does.
是的 確實如此。
Well, when you called,
嗯 你們打電話來
you gave me enough information
已經給了我充分的的資訊
about your salaries and your savings.
關於薪資和儲蓄。
So I have a good idea about your financial situation.
所以 我對你們的財務狀況很了解
Let me show you some pictures of houses.
我來給你們看看一些房子的照片
With two bedrooms?
有兩間臥室嗎
Yes, I think I can show you some.
是的 我有 一些給你們看。
Of course, they won't be in Riverdale.
當然這些房子不在Riverdal
The cost of housing's too high for you here.
這的房子對你們們來說太貴了
I haven't thought about living anywhere else.
我還沒有考慮要住到別的地方去
We've always lived in this area.
我們一直住在這個地區
Where should we look for a house, Mrs. Martinelli?
我們應該到什麼地方找房子 Martinelli太
Well, we have an office in Mount Kisco.
好 我們在Mount Kisco有個辦事處。
It's a lovely area,
那 是個可愛的地方
and it's only about an hour's drive from here.
而且從此地到那 只有大約一小時的車程。
and it's only about an hour's drive from here.
而且從此地到那 只有大約一小時的車程。
Here.
這 。
I have a book with photos of some homes in that area.
我有一本那個地區房子的照片
Now, let's see. Here.
來 我們看看。這
This is a lovely two-bedroom house in your price range.
這一棟可愛房子有兩間臥室 在你們價格范圍內
It's pretty,
是漂亮
but I prefer a two-story home.
但我喜歡兩層樓的的房子
I do, too.
我也一樣。
I don't care for a ranch type.
不愛平房。
OK.
好的。
Oh, this is a wonderful house.
啊 這是一棟很好的房子
I know it well.
我非常清楚。
I sold it to the present owners.
是我把它賣給了現在的主人
It looks wonderful.
看起來很好看。
This is a two-bedroom, two-bath house.
這是一棟有兩間臥室 兩間盥洗室的房子
It has a full basement,
全面地下室
and it is on a half-acre lot.
用地半英畝。
You can probably afford this one.
你可能負擔得起這棟房子
I like this house.
我喜歡這棟房子。
So do I.
我也喜歡。
And the price is right.
而且價格也合適。
Would you like to go see it?
你們要去看看嗎
Yes. We're planning
是的。我們計劃
Yes. We're planning
是的。我們計劃
to talk to someone at the bank next week.
下星期與銀行的人談一談
Perhaps we could see the house this weekend.
也許這周末我們會去看看這棟房子
If someone doesn't buy it before then,
如果在此之前沒有人買走的話
But let's keep looking.
讓我們繼續看下去去
Just to get an idea of some other possibilities.
瞧瞧其他可能的選擇
This is very helpful, Mrs. Martinelli.
這樣很有用 Marttinelli太太。
Here.
這 。
This is a wonderful example of Spanish-style architecture.
這是棟很棒的典型西班牙式建筑
Oh,
噢
I love the roof tiles on a Spanish-style house.
我喜歡西班牙式房屋的屋頂瓦
It looks like the houses in Hollywood.
看起來好像是好萊塢的房子
It's interesting.
很有趣。
A house like this in Riverdale costs double the price.
在Riverdale像這樣的房子價格要貴一倍。
Oh my!
啊
Here's a real buy.
這個價格便宜。
It's a bargain.
真是大廉售。
This house just came on the market.
這棟房子剛剛推出要賣
It's quite lovely.
相當好看。
Is it a two-bedroom house?
是兩個臥室的嗎
No. It has three bedrooms and three baths.
不。這棟房子有三間臥室 三間盥洗室
I know the house.
我熟悉這房子
It has a brand new kitchen.
有一個全新的廚房
It has a brand new kitchen.
有一個全新的廚房
And a living room with a twelve-foot ceiling.
有一間十二尺高的的客廳
And there's a two-car garage.
還有一個可放兩輛車的車庫
Then why don't we go look at this house, too?
那我們何不也去看看這棟房子
It's a good investment.
這是一項好投資。
Thank you, Mrs. Martinelli.
謝謝 Martinellli太太。
Thanks so much.
非常感謝。
My pleasure.
不客氣。
Give my best to your parents.
替我向你父母問好
Your father's a wonderful doctor, Richard.
你父親是個了不起的醫生 Richard
He took care of my daughter
我女兒曾受他照顧
when she was a child.
在她小時候。
He's the best pediatrician in Westchester.
他是全Westchester最好的小兒科醫師。
Thanks, Mrs. Martinelli.
謝謝 Martinellli太太。
I'll give them your regards.
我會向他們轉達你的問候。
We really appreciate your advice.
我們非常感謝你的建議
I do think you should go see the houses
我確實感到你們應該去看看這些房
and talk to the bank.
且和銀行談一談
Here.
來
Let me give you some information sheets about the houses.
我給你們一些關於這些房子的簡介
They're both very good buys.
這兩棟都是價格便宜的
Well, thanks so much for your help and your time,
好的 感謝你的幫助 占用了你的時間
Mrs. Martinelli.
Martinelli太太。
Mrs. Martinelli.
Martinelli太太。
We've got a lot to talk about.
我們有很多可商量的了
Mmm-hmm. Thanks.
嗯。謝謝。