Is that you, Susan?
是你嗎 Susan
It's me, Grandpa.
是我 爺爺。
Am I glad to see you!
我看到你真的很高興
And am I glad to see you!
我看見你才高興呢
I am also glad to be here.
我很高興來這里。
How are things?
今天如何
I have been talking to a group of salesmen
我一直在與一群推銷人談話
since ten this morning,
從今天上午十點起
and I'm real exhausted.
我實在是精疲力竭了。
Well, you look good.
嗯 看起來蠻好的。
What's Harry doing tonight?
Harry今晚做什麼
He and Michelle
他和 Michelle
are visiting relatives in New Jersey today.
今天去 New Jersey拜訪親戚去了
The rest of our family went to the movies.
我們家 其馀的人都去看 電影了。
So it's just you and me, Susan.
所以 這里只有你和我 Susan。
It's nice to be alone with you, Grandpa.
很高興單獨與你在一起 爺爺。
We don't get to see enough of each other.
我們在一起的時間太少了
Oh, I feel the same way, Susan.
噢 我也有同樣的感受 Susan。
I miss seeing you.
我很想見到 。
But to tell the truth,
但是 老實說
next time
下一次
I'd like to go into the city and meet you there,
我想到城里看
instead of you coming here.
而不是 到這來
You don't need to do that, Grandpa.
你不用這樣 爺爺。
Yeah, I do.
不 我要這樣。
I need to get out more.
我需要多出門去。
Well, I mean
我的意思是
there's a lot to do around the house,
這屋 有很多事可做
and I love being here with the family,
而我也喜歡和家人在一起
you know,
知道的
but I'm restless.
但我閑不住。
Since I retired,
自從我退休以後
I've got extra time on my hands.
我有過多空閑時間。
I understand, Grandpa.
我能體會 爺爺。
I think you do.
我想你能體會。
Frankly,
坦白地說
I'd like to use my brain a little more.
我想多用用我的腦子。
Grandpa,
爺爺
you have so much energy and so many years of experience.
你精力這麼好 又有這么多年的經驗。
There are probably a lot of places for you to work
也許有很多地方可以讓你去工作。
Particularly in the construction field.
特別是在營造界。
But at my age,
但是 像我這般年紀
I'm not looking for a full-time job.
我不會去找一個上全天的工作。
I'm retired.
我退休了。
But I'm bored.
但我感到無聊。
Well, there must be something.
嗯 一定可以找到事做
Maybe I can help.
也許我能幫忙。
Let's go into the kitchen,
我們到廚房去
and maybe you can help me set the table.
也許 能幫我擺桌子。
Sounds good to me.
我來。
What are we having?
我們吃些什麼
I prepared lamb chops,
我準備了羊肉
mashed potatoes, and a tossed green salad to begin with.
馬鈴薯泥 還有蔬菜沙拉當頭道菜。
Grandpa, you are a terrific guy!
爺爺 你真了不起
You're still thinking about something to do, aren't you?
你還在想要找點事做 是嗎
A job of some kind.
找點工作。
That's right.
是的。
I've been thinking about it for weeks now.
為這事我想了幾個星期
There must be some way to put my mind to good use.
總會有辦法讓我發(fā)揮才能
We'll find a solution.
我們會找到解決的辦法
A positive solution
一個好法子
to your finding a way to use that wonderful mind of yours.
能夠讓你施展你的學識