He’s competing for promotion against two rivals, Smith and Jones.
他正在為了升遷而和另兩個同事競爭, 史密斯和瓊斯.
To get the edge, you have wisely decided to invite the boss...
為了勝過他們, 你十分明智的 邀請他的上司...
and his wife to a 7:00 dinner. ...
攜夫人七點鐘來進晚餐.
You’ve carefully planned your meal...
你小心翼翼的準備好食物...
set your table and arranged for a babysitter.
擺好餐桌,安排好保姆.
Oh, we have babies! -Yes, and I have twins!
哦,我們還有寶寶吶! -可不,我有一對雙胞胎!
Then, surprise. It’s 6:1 5...
結果,令人驚訝的是. 6:15的時候...
and your husband’s called to say that Smith, Jones and their wives... ..
.你的丈夫致電通知你, 由于他的上司的要求...
have been invited at the boss’s request.
史密斯和瓊斯亦將攜夫人出席晚餐.
Ever the Wellesley girl...
韋爾斯利學院的姑娘們...
you keep your cool and understand... ...
你們要保持冷靜并且想到...
that the boss is probably testing you as much as your husband. What next? ...
也許他的上司正通過測試你來 考驗你的丈夫. 接下來該怎么辦?
Yes? -File for divorce?
你說? -申請離婚?
That’s very funny.
非常有趣.
But the thing is, it’s not a joke.
但問題是, 這可不是玩笑.
A few years from now your sole responsibility
幾年后你們唯一的職責便是...
will be taking care of your husband and children. ...
照顧你們的丈夫和孩子.
You may all be here...
可能在這里你們...
for an easy A... ...
只是為了取得A...
but the grade that matters the most is the one he gives you, not me. ...
但是真正至關重要的分數是 由他給你打的,而不是我.
You’ll need to-- -Whatever you do...
你們應該-- -不管你做什么...
don’t put the boss’s wife next to your husband.
都別讓上司的老婆靠近你的丈夫.
Why not? -She’s screwing him.
為什么不? -她會搶走他的.
Is that where you learned to speak ltalian? In ltaly?
你在哪里學的意大利文? 意大利么?
Yeah.
是的.