35 Choreography
舞蹈編排
Dancing is a chore sometimes.
跳舞有時是件煩人的事。
My choreographer keeps chiseling away at me, hoping to shape me into perfection.
我的舞蹈編導總是不斷雕琢我,一心將我塑造成完美的舞蹈家。
But she can't expect chunks to just fall off.
但她總不能指望我身上的肉大塊大塊掉吧。
I know the rules of chivalry forbid it, but sometimes I feel like choking that chubby woman.
我知道騎士精神的準則不會允許我這樣做,但有時我真想掐死那個圓滾滾的女人。
When I hold that thought, I have to chuckle.
每當我有這種想法時,就忍不住咯咯地笑起來。
It certainly wouldn't be the Christian thing to do.
這肯定算不上什么人道的做法。
Today, choreography is an essential component of many performing arts.
當今,舞蹈編排已成為諸多表演藝術的重要組成部分。
Unless you're just part of a chorus, there's probably some dancing involved in your performance.
除非是參加合唱團的演出,你的表演就難免會有舞蹈的參與。
A brief choreographic presentation can add beauty and excitement to any show.
一出簡短的舞蹈表演能為任何節目增添美感和激情。
I've tried to make it as a dancer but it's hard to do when you have chronic injuries.
我努力爭取當好一名舞蹈演員,但當你長期有傷痛時,就會心有而力不足了。
These injuries can easily turn smooth movements into choppy actions.
由于這些傷痛的存在,原本順暢的舞步很容易就走樣成東倒西歪的動作。
I've been chopped by my share of bad review.
為此我曾被惡意的評論中傷過,
However, it's not completely my fault.
但這并不是我的錯。
If you put my injury and work history into chronological order, you'll see that most of major injuries occurred while I was dancing hurt.
如果我將我的受傷和工作歷史按時間順序排列,你就會發現大多數重傷都是在我帶傷跳舞時發生的。
In other words, the chronology shows that dancing while you have a minor injury could be a very foolish mistake.
換言之,這一時間表顯示在傷勢不重的情況下跳舞可能是一大愚蠢的錯誤。
Yet, man choreographers will insist that you dance with your injury.
盡管如此,許多舞蹈編導會堅持要你帶傷跳舞。
I pleasure by using nothing but the fingers of your dominant hand.
于是,我創造出一種特別的密碼,它讓你只消動動你常用的那手上的指頭就能傳達你的不快了。
What I would really like to do is to choreograph other people.
我真正想做的是為別人設計舞蹈動作,
It would be an exciting career.
這將是個令人興奮的職業。
But I shouldn't think too far into the future.
但我不該考慮的過于長遠。
For the moment, I need to rest.
現在,我需要休息。
Perhaps after a few ciders, I'll be able to think again.
也許喝幾杯蘋果汁以后,我就又能進行思考了。