OK.
好
If you want to adopt an animal,
如果你想收養動物
first we need to know some references.
首先 我們得知道哪些是你的 備詢人。
References?
備詢人
People we know?
我們認識的人
Friends, teachers....
朋友 老師……
We need to talk to some people about you.
我們得向一些人打聽你。
We want to be sure that you're responsible
我們要確定你是肯負責的
and that you can take good care of an animal.
而且能夠好好照料動物。
Then you have to fill out this form
然後你要填寫這份表格
about your family background.
關於你的家庭背景的。
Is that it?
就這些啦
No, there's more.
不 還有。
We need to know about your history with animals.
我們要了解你以前有動物的關連。
Have you ever owned an animal?
你是否曾養過動物
Yes.
是的。
We had a cat when I was eight years old.
我八歲時養過一只貓
I love cats.
我喜歡貓。
Do you have any animals now?
你現在還養著什麼別的動物嗎
Unfortunately, no.
很遺憾 沒有。
Anything else?
還有別的事嗎
We also like to know
我們還想知道
your reasons for wanting an animal.
你要養動物的原因
Just to hold it and cuddle with it.
只不過想抱抱她 。
Just to have as a pet.
只是要養來當寵物
I love animals.
我喜歡動物。
To have a friend -- a pal.
想要一個朋友 一個伙伴。
You know, man's best friend is his dog.
知道的 人類最好的朋友就是狗。
And one thing more.
還有一件事。
If you're under twenty-one years of age ...
如果你還不到二十一歲……
That's me.
我就是這種情況。
Then an adult must sign for you.
那就必須有一位成年人來替你簽字。
Uh-oh.
啊哈。
No problem.
沒問題。
My parents will think it's a good idea.
我的父母會覺得這是件好事。
I'll be back with them.
我會帶他們來。
If the real owners don't come to claim Gemma ...
如果狗的主人沒認領Gemma……
After forty-eight hours.
四十八小時後。
After forty-eight hours.
四十八小時後。
But please call first.
不過 請你先打電話
Thanks for your information and for being so helpful.
謝謝你的幫助和提供的信息
It's my pleasure.
我很愿意效勞。
Nice talking to both of you.
很高興與兩位交談
Thanks again.
再次謝謝 。
Bye.
再見。
Maybe the real owners will come to claim her.
也許狗的主人會來接她的。
Her eyes look so sad.
她的目光那麼憂郁
She must really miss them.
她準是很想主人。
I see you're both animal lovers.
我看得出你們都是很愛動物的人。
We are.
我們是。
Good-bye, Miss Aborn.
再見 Aborn小姐。
We'll call in a couple of days.
我們兩三天後給你電話。
Good-bye, and thanks for bringing Gemma in.
再見 謝謝你們把Gemma送來。
Bye.
再見。
I keep thinking about the dog -- about Gemma,
我一直在想那只狗 Gemma
alone in the animal shelter.
獨自在動物收容所 。
I know.
我知道。
But I promise you, Alexandra,
但是 我向你保證
the dog is just fine.
那只狗會很好的。
They're very kind to the animals.
他們照料動物很細心
I know they are.
我知道他們會。
I know they are.
我知道他們會。
I mean about her being alone.
我是指 很孤單。
Even if they are kind to Gemma,
即使他們對Gemma很好
she's still alone, without her family.
仍是孤單單的 沒找到家。
Ready, folks?
可以點菜了嗎 兩位
Are you ready, Alexandra?
想好了嗎 Alexaandra
Yes, I'm ready.
是的 我想好了。
I'll have the chef's salad, please.
我要主廚沙拉。
I will have a cheeseburger, medium rare,
我要一份起士漢堡 五分熟
with raw onion, and french fries, please.
加生洋蔥和炸薯條
Anything to drink?
要喝點什麼嗎
A diet cola, please.
一份健怡可樂。
Ginger ale with lots of ice for me, thank you.
姜汁汽水 多加些冰 謝謝。
I've got it.
我都記下了。
Thanks.
謝謝。
Aren't you surprised
不覺得很驚訝嗎
that the animal shelter is so careful
動物收容所需要如此小心
about finding homes for the animals?
為動物尋個家。
No, I'm not.
不 我不覺得。
And a cheeseburger, medium rare,
一份起士漢堡 五分熟
with onion and french fries.
附加洋蔥和炸薯條
And a ginger ale with lots of ice.
一份姜汁汽水 加很多冰塊。
Salad dressing?
沙拉要什麼調味醬
Salad dressing?
沙拉要什麼調味醬
Hey, I wanted you to hear my new sound system
嘿 我正想讓你聽聽我新的音箱呢
when the dog scratched on the front door.
當那狗在抓前門時
Let's finish eating,
我們趕緊吃完
and then we'll go back to my house.
然後回到我家。
I want you to hear my new tapes.
我給 聽我的新錄的磁帶。
I've got some great new dance music.
我有幾卷很好的新舞曲。
Hello.
喂。
Stewart residence.
Stewart家。
Hello.
你好。
Is Robbie Stewart there?
Robbie Stewart在嗎
This is he.
我就是。
Who's this?
是誰
This is Linda Aborn from the animal shelter.
我是動物收容所的Linda Aborn。
It's Linda from the animal shelter.
是動物收容所的Linda。
Yes, Linda.
是的 Linda。
Hi.
嗨。
We have good news and bad news, Robbie.
我給你帶來了好消息和壞消息 Robbie。
Oh?
噢
The good news is that the Levinsons have come by
好消息是Levinson夫婦已來這兒
to pick up the dog.
把狗領回去了。
The bad news is, you won't be able to adopt the dog.
壞消息是 你不能收養那只狗了。
That's OK.
沒有關系。
Come by one day and look at some of the other dogs.
有空來一趟 看看其他狗。
I'm sure there's one for you.
我相信會有你喜歡的
Thanks, Robbie.
謝謝 Robbie。
And the Levinsons thank you for bringing their dog to us.
Levinson夫婦也謝謝你把他們的狗送來。
Thanks, Linda.
謝謝 Linda。
Bye.
再見。
The owners claimed Gemma?
主人把狗領回去了
That's right.
對的。
I'm glad for the dog.
我真替那狗高興
I guess I am, too.
我想我也一樣。
She said if I come by,
她說 如果我去
she'll help me find another dog.
她會幫我另外找一只狗。
Come on.
來吧
Let's dance.
咱們跳舞。