21 Escape
逃避
I live an isolated life in a small basin between two mountain ridges at the edge of an ocean.
在海邊的兩座山脊間不大的盆地上,我過著遠離塵囂的生活。
Due to the bad soil, the land is barren.
由于土質太差,這里可謂是不毛之地。
However, I have a barn full of animals that supply me with all the food I need.
但我得谷倉里注滿了動物,讓我吃喝不用愁。
There’s nothing more satisfying than basting pig meat over a barbecue.
天下之樂事莫過于野餐時往烤豬肉上抹油了。
The weather is pretty good.
天氣還不錯,
There is always enough rain to fill my water barrel.
我的水桶總能裝滿雨水。
But sometimes, a fierce storm will batter the barn all right.
但有時,一場狂暴的大雨能把谷倉嘭嘭拍上一整夜。
The rough life I lead has made me look and feel like a barbarian.
生活的艱辛讓我看起來活像個野蠻人,而我自己的感覺也是如此。
The heat from the sun has baked my bare skin brown.
炙熱的太陽將我裸露的皮膚烤成棕色。
I haven’t been to the barber for two years.
我有兩年沒去理發師那里剪頭發了。
As a result, I think I would be bashful if anyone found me.
所以,我想我會羞于見人。
I don’t have any money but I don’t need it.
我沒錢也不需要錢。
You can’t buy anything here.
這里什么也買不到,
You can’t even barter.
即便是物物交換都不可能。
However, I’m not completely out of touch with civilization.
然而,我并沒有完全脫離文明社會。
Every few months, I can hear the sound of an ocean barge passing in the distance.
每隔幾個月,我都能聽到遠處海上的駁船經過這里時的聲音。
I always run to the ocean side to see it.
我總是跑到海邊去看船,
It reminds me that I’m still human.
它提醒著我原來我還是個人。
You might think that I’m barely surviving but the opposite is true.
你也許會認為我幾乎無法生存,但事實恰恰相反。
This is the only place where I can escape the horrible war in the city.
只有在這里,我才能遠離城中可怕的戰爭。
In my mind, I can still hear the barrage of gunfire smashing through our wooden barriers.
我的腦海里依然回蕩著槍林彈雨轟然粉碎木質障礙物的聲音。
I can still remember spending months, helplessly barricaded in the basement of one of our many, once beautiful, baroque style buildings.
我依然記得那幾個月躲在一幢曾因其式樣美觀而風光一時的巴羅克式建筑的地下室時的無助場面。
My life is more peaceful now.
現在我的生活平靜多了。
Perhaps after the war, I’ll find my way back home.
也許戰爭結束后,我會踏上回家的路。
What’s that I hear?
那是什么聲音?
It’s the bark of my dog.
是我的狗在叫。
I’ve got to run.
我得跑步了,
Another barge is passing by.
又有一艘駁船過來了。