臺詞欣賞:
Sherry:At first, my mother wouldn't let me get my ears pierced, but I begged...
起先 我媽媽不同意我打耳洞 可我不停請求
Bryce:The idea was that Sherry would eat with me...maybe we'd walk around together,and hopefully Juli would lose interest.
我的計劃是先和雪莉一起吃飯 之后我們也許能并肩而行 這樣朱莉大概就會知難而退了
Sherry:But I still can't get the hoops till I'm 16.
不過我還是不能在十六歲以前打耳洞
Bryce:Oh, that's a shame.
真遺憾
Sherry:So Melanie wanted to get her ears pierced,but of course her mother said no.
美蘭妮也想打耳洞 她媽媽當然不同意啦
So she threw a fit and smashed her Johnny Mathis Greatest Hits album...
然后她就大發脾氣 把她的強尼·麥瑟斯精選集唱片砸了個稀爛
and she got grounded, so now she can't come to my pajama sleepover party.
于是就被關起來了 她也不能參加我的睡衣派對了
Bryce:Things were unfolding quite nicely.
事情進展得異常順利
Garrett:What are you doing for your science project?
你的科學展作品準備得怎樣了
Bryce:That is, until my supposed best friend, Garrett Einbinder...took an interest in Sherry himself.
直到被我當作死黨的伽利特·艾賓德 也對雪莉發起了攻勢
Sherry:I was thinking of showing how split ends react with different hair conditioners.
我打算展示不同護發素對頭發分叉的影響
Garrett:That's fascinating.
太有趣了
Bryce:Loyalty gave way to desire and Garrett, the turncoat...told Sherry what I was up to.
這個重色輕友的叛徒伽利特 告訴了雪莉我的意圖
Sherry:Jerk.
混蛋
Bryce:She didn't take it well.
她很生氣
Word got back to Juli,and pretty soon she started up with the goo-goo eyes again.
再說到朱莉 她很快又開始含情脈脈地注視我
Only this time it was worse.
不過這次更糟
She started sniffing me.
她開始聞我
That's right, sniffing me.
沒錯 聞我