臺詞賞析:
Bryce:Mom said he stared like that because hemissedGrandma.
媽媽說他總這樣呆望是因為他想外婆了
That was not something Grandpa would evertalk about withme.
外公可不會對我說這些
As a matter of fact, he never talked about much of anything with me.
事實上 他很少跟我說話
That is, until Juliappeared inthe local newspaper.
直到有天朱莉上了當地的報紙
Grandfather:Oh, Bryce. May I speak with you? What?
布萊斯 能跟你聊兩句嗎 怎么了
Have a seat, son.
坐下吧 孩子
Tell me about your friend Juli Baker.
跟我說說你的朋友朱莉·貝克
Bryce:Juli. She's not exactly my friend.
朱莉 她不算是我的朋友
Grandfather:Oh. Why's that?
是嗎 為什么
Bryce:Why do you wanna know?
你為什么想知道
Now, Juli Baker did not wind up in The Mayfield Times...for being an eighth-grade Einstein.
上初二的朱莉·貝克登上《梅菲德時報》可不是因為什么天才成就
No, she got front-page coverage because sherefused toclimb out of a sycamore tree.
相反 她上了報紙頭版 是因為她不肯爬下一棵梧桐樹
Juli Baker and that stupid sycamore tree.
朱莉·貝克和那棵傻乎乎的梧桐樹
She always thought it was God's gift to our little corner of the universe.
她總是以為 那樹是上帝賜給我們這個小地方的禮物
Juli:Hey, Bryce. Wanna come climb the tree with me and my brothers?
布萊斯 來跟我和我哥哥一起爬樹吧
Bryce:No, thanks.
不了 謝謝
Juli:Bryce. Come up here. It's fun.
布萊斯 快上來 好玩極了
You can see everything.
你能看到一切
Bryce:I can't.
我來不了
My dad needs me to help him fix...a thing.
爸爸要我幫他修...修個東西
That's all I needed.
我得扯個借口