Lesson 8 How Long Hanve You Known Him?
你認識他多久了
Mike!I'm so happy that you're directing.
邁克,你當導演我真高興。
I'm glad to help.I'll do anything to make you take a vacation.
我很愿意幫忙,我會盡我所能讓你去度假的,瑪麗亞。
You need it,Maria. Maybe you'll like directing.
你需要度假了。 或許你會喜歡上當導演的。
I'm happy to help Steven and Connie.
我很高興能給史蒂文和康妮幫點兒忙,
But I love cameras.I'm not a director. Oh,come on.Everyone is ambitious.
但我喜歡攝影,我不是導演。 噢,得了吧,每個人都有上進心的,
You'll be a good director. Maybe.But only for two weeks...
你會成為一名好導演的。可能吧。但只干兩周。。。
How long have you known me,Maria? I've known you for six years,I think.
瑪麗亞,你認識我多久了? 我想,我認識你六年了。
You've known me for ten years,Maria.
瑪麗亞,你認識我十年了,
You've known me since I lived in St.Louis.Remember?
自從我住在圣.路易斯你就認識我了,想起來了嗎?
I always loved to shoot pictures.
我一直喜歡攝影。
I've known you since St.Louis?Well,OK,that's a long time.
自從你到圣.路易斯我就認識你了嗎? 噢,那可是很長時間了。
You were a good photographer. And you can be a good director too.
你是個優秀的攝影師,你也能成為一名好導演的。
I love to shoot pictures.I'm not a director.
我喜歡攝影,我不是個導演,
I'll help Steven,but I want my old job as cameraperson.
我會幫史蒂文的,但我還要干我的老本行——當攝影師。
Well,I love having you here,Mike.And thanks for helping.
好,邁克,我喜歡你在這兒工作,謝謝你的幫助。
Take one...Three,two,one.
片段一,。。。三,二,二
This is Connie Swift with the second in our series on education and jobs.
現在是關于教育和就業系列節目之二,我是康妮.斯威夫特。
Most Americans follow the same career all their lives.
大多數美國人一生只干一種工作
My first job was at a newspaper.
我的第一份工作是在一家報社。
I've reported the news for five years.
報道新聞也有五年了。
We decided to ask people this question,"How long have you had your job?"
我們決定問問人們這個問題:“你做自己的工作有多長時間了?”
We asked,"What do you do?How long have you done it?"
我們要問:“你是做什么工作的?你做了多長時間了?”
OK,cut.Thanks,Mike.
好,停!謝謝,邁克,
By the way,how long have you been a cameraman?
順便問一問,你當了多長時間的攝影師了?
I've been in television for ten years,since I left the army.
從我退役以后,我從事電視節目制兒工作十年了,
And I still love it. I've been a banker since 1982.
我仍很喜歡這份工作。我自從1982年就是銀行家。
I've been a housewife for five years.
我當了五年的家庭主婦了。
I've been an accountant since 1970.
我自從1970年就當會計。
I'm unemployed.I haven't worked for six months.
我待業,我已經失業六個月了。
I've been a carpenter for sixteen years.
我干了16年的木匠了。
I owned my own business,but I sold it and retired last year.
我自己開公司,但我去年把它賣了,然后就歇著了。
I've been retired since May of last year.
我從去年五月就退休了。
I've been unemployed since last summer.
我從去年夏天就失業了。
Where's Steven?He's very late.
史蒂文在哪兒?這么晚了還沒來。
Since his wife got pregnant,he's been very busy.
他妻子懷孕后,他就一直很忙,
Let's begin without him.
我們不等他了,開始吧。
No.He has to do this story with you.I'm leaving,remember?
不行,他必須與你一同做這個節目。記住了嗎?
When do you leave? I leave tomorrow evening.
你什么時候走?我明天晚上走。
We have so much to do.You can't leave tomorrow.
我們有好多事情要做,你明天不能走。
I've had these airplane reservations since August,Connie. I'm leaving tomorrow.
我八月就訂了飛機票,康妮。我明天走。
We'd better wait for Steven.Is Sam Finch meething you in Denver?
我們最好等等史蒂文。山姆.芬奇在丹佛與你會面嗎?
No.He's meeting me in Aspen.
不,他將在奧斯本與我會面。
We're skiing together on Thursday morning.
我們周四早上要一起滑雪。
How long have you known him?
你認識他多久了?
Oh.I've known him for a long time.
噢,我認識他很長時間了。
How long?
有多久?
Well,let's see.He's been in New York for three years.
噢,讓我想想,他在紐約三年了,
I knew him for five years in St.Louis.So,
我在圣.路易斯認識他五年了,
we've known each other for eight or nine years.
那么我們認識八,九年了。
This sounds serious.
聽起來你是當真的哦。
We're very good friends.I like him,but I'm not sure if it's serious.
我們是很好的朋友,我喜歡他,但我不清楚是不是那么回事。
I'll find out in Aspen.
到奧斯本后我會弄清楚的。
This is an end of lesson 8.
第八課已經結束了。