Hello and welcome to The English We Speak. I'm Feifei and… excuse me please… Rob, can we have your attention please!
大家好,歡迎收聽地道英語節目。我是菲菲,呃……不好意思……羅伯,能請你注意聽一下嗎!
Err, oh right… hello, I'm Rob.
呃,哦對…大家好,我是羅伯。
Rob, could you take your feet off the table please!
羅伯,能把你的腳從桌子上拿下來嗎!
Oh, alright then. Feifei, do I have to present this programme today?
哦,好吧。菲菲,我今天必須主持這個節目嗎?
Why, what's wrong?
怎么了,有什么問題嗎?
Well, I've done so much work already and according to my watch, I should be having a coffee break now.
嗯,我已經做了這么多工作,而且根據我的手表,現在應該喝杯咖啡休息一下了。
Really! Rob's being lazy because he was out late last night. Rob, there is a phrase to describe your condition.
不是吧!羅伯因為昨晚在外面待到很晚,現在變得很懶。羅伯,有個詞可以形容你現在的狀態。
Oh yes. Overworked? Energetic?
哦,是的。工作過度?精力充沛?
No – the opposite. It's bone idle – literally, you are idle right through to your bones. In other words, you are very lazy!
不——恰恰相反。它是懶到骨子里——字面意思就是,你懶到骨頭里了。換句話說,你非常懶惰!
It's a great phrase Feifei but that doesn't describe me. Look I've just moved my little finger.
菲菲,這個表達很好,但它不適合用來形容我???,我剛動了動小拇指。
Ha ha! I think we had better hear some more examples while you move the rest of your body.
哈哈!我想我們最好在你活動身體其他部位的時候再聽幾個例子。
The doctor has told my brother to do more exercise, but he won't do it, he's bone idle.
醫生已經告訴我弟弟要多做運動,但他就是不肯動,懶得出奇。
You're bone idle – you've been at home all day and you're still in your pyjamas!
你真是懶得不能再懶了——整天待在家里,現在還穿著睡衣呢!
My boyfriend's bone idle – he won't even get off the sofa to answer the phone.
我男朋友懶得要命——他連從沙發上起來接電話都不愿意。
So the phrase 'bone idle' means very lazy – like Rob! Hey Rob, I hear it's Dan's birthday today and he's brought a cake in for us all to share.
所以短語“bone idle”的意思是“非常懶惰”——就像羅伯一樣!嘿,羅伯,我聽說今天是丹的生日,他還帶了個蛋糕來和我們一起分享。
Cake! I love cake – great, come on let's get some before it all eaten.
蛋糕!我愛蛋糕——太好了,來吧,趁還沒被吃完,咱們快去拿點。
Ah, you're moving now –but you're not going anywhere until you've finished this programme.
啊,你現在動了——但在完成節目之前,你哪兒也去不了。
Come on then, tell me what to say.
那好吧,告訴我該說什么。
Just read this script.
照著劇本讀。
OK let me see. Hold on, the script says you're about to say 'it's not Dan's birthday, it's a joke.'
好,我看看。稍等,劇本上寫著你接下來要說“今天不是丹的生日,這是個玩笑?!?/p>
Sorry Rob, it is a joke – but it did stop you from being bone idle!
抱歉羅伯,這是個玩笑——不過它確實讓你沒法偷懶了!
Right, that's it. I'm not going to do anymore work for the rest of the day.
好,就這樣吧。今天剩下的時間我什么活都不干了。
No change there. Rob, I've got a new name for you.
還是沒變。羅伯,我給你起了個新名字。
What's that?
是什么?
Lazy bones.
懶骨頭。
You're cruel.
你真殘忍。
Bye.
再見。
Bye.
再見。