Wilson: Have you ever been to a mosque?
威爾遜:你去過清真寺嗎?
Tom: No. I'm an atheist. Have you?
湯姆:沒去過,我是個無神論者。你去過嗎?
Wilson: I just went to yesterday with my new neighbors. They are Muslims from Tunisia.
威爾遜:我昨天跟我的新鄰居一起去了,他們是穆斯林,來自突尼斯。
Tom: Islam gives a man permission to marry two, three or four women, only on the condition that he deals justly with them.
湯姆:伊斯蘭教準許一名男子娶兩個、三個或四個女子,但前提條件是他必須公正地對待她們。
Wilson: I don't know. I never paid much attention before, but now I think I'm getting interested. This religion has existed side by side with Christianity for more than a millennium, and we have no more than a superficial understanding of it.
威爾遜:我不知道。我以前從來沒有留意過,但是現在我覺得我很感興趣。伊斯蘭教已經和基督教共存了一千多年,而我們對這個宗教的理解卻甚為膚淺。
Tom: Well, I'm quite OK with that.
湯姆:這我倒不介意。
Wilson: And there is the 13th century Persian poet who wrote about Islam. I am reading his poetry.
威爾遜:我在讀一位13世紀波斯詩人寫的關于伊斯蘭教的詩。
Tom: What's his name?
湯姆:他叫什么?
Wilson: Rumi. In fact, the 2007 was designated the Year of Rumi by UNESCO.
威爾遜:魯米。事實上,2007年被聯合國教科文組織定為“魯米年”。
Tom: Oh, you are a scholar.
湯姆:噢,你真是愛研究。