Ben: Hi, buddy. How's everything going?
本:嗨,哥們,最近怎么樣啊?
Justin: Not bad, I guess. Actually I want to ask you something.
賈斯丁:還行吧。其實我想問你個事兒。
Ben: What? Ask away.
本:什么事?說吧。
Justin: It's less than a week before Valentine's Day, but I'm still not sure what I should give my girlfriend for present. Any suggestions?
賈斯丁:離情人節不到一周了,可是我還不確定要給我女朋友送什么禮物。你有什么建議嗎?
Ben: Ha. Is that a difficult question? Of course you should give her something that girls fancy. I mean, roses, chocolate, or a dinner in candlelight!
本:哈。這個問題很難嗎?你當然應該送她點女孩子喜歡的東西,像玫魂、巧克力什么的,或者來個燭光晚餐吧。
Justin: Sure, but this year I want to give her something special, and I'm going to propose to her later.
賈斯丁:沒錯,但是今年我想送她點特別的,而且我之后準備向她求婚。
Ben: How about something with her name and yours on it? A necklace, for example?
本:送她個東西,在上面刻上她和你的名字怎么樣,比如說項鏈?
Justin: Not a bad idea, but she never wears any jewelry. That's why I find it so difficult to choose a gift.
賈斯丁:這個主意不錯,問題是她不戴首飾,所以我才覺得給她挑禮物很難。
Ben: OK, why don't you give her a large teddy bear?
本:好吧,送她一個大號泰迪熊行了吧?
Justin: I see. You are also at the end of your wit.
賈斯丁:懂了。你也沒轍。