Mike: I just have called to my mom. My grandfather died.
邁克:我剛給我媽媽打了個電話,我外公去世了。
Susan: Oh, I'm so sorry. I know how much you loved him.
蘇珊:哦,我很遺憾,我知道你有多愛他。
Mike: Well, actually, I've been thinking about it. I know we will call him "Corner". But uh, I'd like to name our son after my grandfather.
邁克:嗯,事實上,我想了。我知道我們已經決定叫他"康納"。但是,嗯,我希望我們的兒子能延用我外公的名字。
Susan: Oh. Well, yeah, um, I mean, "Conner" we just picked it after the senior. This would mean something.
蘇珊:哦,好吧,是的,呃,我的意思是"康納"只是我們聽到的醫生的名字。
Mike: So you're okay with this?
這個名字更有意義。
Susan: I think it's a beautiful way to honor your grandfather. I mean, "James" wouldn't be my first choice. But it's a good, solid name.
邁克:那么你同意了?
Mike: No, Grandpa James is my dad's dad.
蘇珊:我想這是紀念你外祖父的一個好方法。我的意思是,"詹姆斯"雖然不是我的首選,但這確實是一個好名字。
This is my mom's-Maynard.
邁克:不,詹姆斯爺爺是我父親的父親。這是我母親的父親--梅納德。
Susan: Oh,right. Maynard. Oh, that's awful... that he died.
蘇珊:哦,好吧,梅納德。哦,這太糟糕了……他去世了。
Mike: Why didn't we think of this before? It's such a beautiful southern name.
邁克:我們之前為什么沒想起這個名字?這是一個多么美麗的南方名字啊!
Susan: Oh, and rare, really rare.
蘇珊:噢,而且很少有人用!相當少!
Mike: And you're right. It's a great way to honor my grandfather.
邁克:而且你說得對,這真是紀念我外公的好方法。