Monica: Mother, all I'm saying is, just once, can we go to lunch and not talking about what I am wearing or how I am doing my hair, where my career is going or who I am dating?
莫妮卡:媽媽,我想說的就是,就這么一次,咱們能不能吃飯的時候不要討論我的穿著、我怎么做頭發、我的工作和我跟誰約會?
Waiter: Well, ready for the check?
服務員:哦,準備好付賬了嗎?
Monica: God, yes! I will take it!
莫妮卡:天哪,是的!我來!
Mother: No! Darling.
媽媽:不用!親愛的。
Monica: I said I will take it! Here! Take it! Go, run!
莫妮卡:我說了我來!給,拿著,去吧,趕緊的!
Mother: It's very sweet. And on what they pay you?
媽媽:真貼心啊。他們為什么給你錢?
Monica: Career. You don't have to worry about me. OK? I am doing fine.
莫妮卡:工作!別擔心我好嗎?我做得很好。
Waiter: I am afraid this has been denied.
服務員:恐怕這個信用卡被停用了。
Monica: That is impossible!
莫妮卡:不可能!
Mother: That's all right, dear. Here you go.
媽媽:好的,親愛的。用這張吧。