2.實用對話
Sending a Package寄包裹
Jenny: Excuse me. I want to send this small package to Macao. How much is the postage?
珍妮:打擾一下,我要把這個小包裹寄到澳門,郵費是多少?
Clerk: I have to weigh it to see. Do you want it insured?
職員:我得稱一下包裹才知道。你要保險嗎?
Jenny: No. It's just a souvenir for my brother.
珍妮:不要,里面只是一件送給我兄弟的紀念品。
Clerk: Do you want to send it by airmail or by ordinary mail?
職員:你要航空郵寄還是寄平郵?
Jenny: By airmail, please.
珍妮:航空郵寄。
Clerk: That will be twelve dallors.
職員:要十二美元。
Jenny: Here you are. One hundred dallors. By the way, is there a way that I can be sure that my package will be received?
珍妮:給你一百美元。順便問一句,我有什么辦法能確認我的包裹收到了呢?
Clerk: The post office rarely loses packages. You can, however, request a return receipt. Here's your change. madam.
職員:郵局很少弄丟包裹,不過你可以索要回執。這是找你的零錢,女士。
Jenny: OK. I'll do that. I'd like a return receipt, please. Thank you very much.
珍妮:好的,我要回執。非常感謝。
Clerk: You're welcome.
職員:不客氣。