2.實用對話
Having the Film Developed洗照片
Clerk: Can I help you. sir?
店員:先生,我能為您效勞嗎?
Customer: Yes. I'd like to get this film developed. How much would that cost?
顧客:好的,我想把這個膠卷洗一下,要多少錢?
Clerk: What size would you like the pictures to be?
店員:您想洗什么尺寸的照片?
Customer: what's the normal size?
顧客:常規的尺寸是多大?
Clerk: 4 by 6 inches is very common
店員:4寸乘6寸的比較常見。
Customer: Then I'd like them to be 4 by 6 inches.
顧客:那我就洗4寸乘6寸的吧。
Clerk: OK. It's $10 to develop this roll of film.
店員:好的。洗這卷膠卷是10美元。
Customer: Here you go. How soon can you have it developed?
顧客:給你錢,多快能洗出來?
Clerk: Here's your receipt. You can come back with it tomorrow at four to pick up your pictures.
店員:這是您的收據。明天下午四點您拿著它采取照片就可以。
Customer: Thanks.
顧客:謝謝。
(in the late afternoon the next day)
(第二天下午晚些時候)
Customer: Hi, I'd like to pick up my pictures. Here's my receipt.
顧客:嗨,我想取照片,這是收據。
Clerk: Wait a second. sir. Here are your pictures and negatives. There are 36 pictures here in total. Please check it over.
店員:先生,請稍等。這是您的照片和底片。總共是三十六張照片,請查看一下。
Customer: I'd like a few pictures blown up.
顧客:有幾張照片我想放大一下。
Clerk: How big do you want them to be?
店員:您想放多大?
Customer: 5 by 7 inches.
顧客:5寸乘7寸的。