2.實用對話
Salesgirl: Would you like to see our new shirts?
女店員:您要看看我們的新款襯衣嗎?
Steve: Sorry, I'm not really that interested in those things.
史蒂夫:不好意思,我對那些東西不是很感興趣。
Salesgirl: They are very nice, you know.
女店員:您知道,這些襯衣非常不錯。
Steve: Really?
史蒂夫:是嗎?
Salesgirl: And not expensive either.
女店員:并且還不貴。
Steve: Oh. I don't care about that.
史蒂夫:哦,我不關心這個。
Salesgirl: Everybody's buying them.
女店員:很多人都在買。
Steve: Are they?
史蒂夫:是嗎?
Salesgirl : Yes, they are very fashionable, you see.
女店員:是的,您看,它們很時尚的。
Steve: I'm afraid I'm not interested in fashion. There are so many other really important things in the world. Fashion seems
so truly...unimportant.
史蒂夫:恐怕我對時尚可不感興趣。世界上有很多真正重要的事情。時尚其實真的…不重要。
Salesgirl: I see. But looking professional is important. If you don't look good, people will think you are not a good or
smart person and they might not trust you either.
女店員:我知道。但著裝職業化也是很重要的。如果外表不好的話,人們會認為你不是一個好人或者不是一個聰明的人,他們也不會信任你。
Steve: But thank you very much all the same.
史蒂夫:不過我還是要謝謝你。
Salesgirl: Sorry. I couldn't help you.
女店員:很遺憾,沒能給您提供任何服務。