重點講解:
1. tidy up
收拾;整理;
eg. You'd better tidy up the room before the guests arrive.
在客人到來之前;你最好把房間收拾一下 。
eg. When you move tomorrow, please tidy up your groceries .
明天搬家時請把你的雜物整理一下 。
2. take sth. seriously
認真對待;把…看得很重要;
eg. But tablet designers have begun taking graphics seriously.
但平板電腦設計者也已開始在圖形處理上認真下功夫了 。
eg. The financial markets took the threat seriously.
金融市場嚴肅對待了此次威脅 。
3. in a rush
匆忙地;
eg. Rachel is always in a rush to get to work on time.
瑞秋總是匆匆忙忙地趕去上班 。
eg.So sorry to have kept you waiting, but we're rather in a rush today.
很對不起,讓你久等了,不過我們今天真的是很忙 。
4. miss out
遺漏;漏掉;沒把…包括在內;
eg. If that happens, many more would-be students will miss out.
如果這樣的話,更多將會成為人才的學生將會被遺漏 。
eg. Many modern humans miss out on this, as we spend our days in constructed environments.
但許多現代人卻忽略了這一點,因為他們生活在建造的環境里 。
5. cover up
(用…)蓋在…上(以保護或隱藏);
eg. We used a piece of fabric used to cover up a hole.
我們用塊布把那個洞蓋住了 。
eg. She covered up the baby with a shawl.
她用披巾裹住嬰兒 。
adj. 整齊的,整潔的,相當大的
vt. 使