重點講解:
1. burst into
突然闖進;
eg. She rushed downstairs and burst into the kitchen.
她沖下樓闖進廚房 。
eg. He burst into our meeting and got sent away with a flea in his ear.
我們正在開會他闖了進來,大家把他轟走了 。
2. read out
(大聲)讀出;朗讀;
eg. He's obliged to take his turn at reading out the announcements.
輪到他大聲宣讀通知了 。
eg. Shall I read them out?
要我大聲讀出來嗎?
3. get on with
繼續做;開始做;
eg. Jane got on with her work.
簡繼續干她的工作 。
eg. I think we might all be seated and get on with business.
我想我們大家都坐下來開始談正事吧 。
4. be scared of
驚恐的;恐懼的;害怕的;
eg. I'm certainly not scared of him.
我當然不怕他 。
eg. Most people are scared of radiation.
一般人對輻射都存有恐懼 。
5. cannot face sth./doing sth.
接受;容忍;
eg. My children want me with them for Christmas Day, but I can't face it.
我的孩子們想要我跟他們一起過圣誕節,但我辦不到 。
eg. I couldn't face seeing anyone.
我無法見任何人 。
6. deal with
打交道;應付;
eg. We often deal with him.
我們經常與他打交道 。
eg. I think we should work out a strategy to deal with this situation.
我想我們應該制訂出一項行動計劃,用來應付這種情況 。
7. how dare you
(表示震驚和憤怒) 你竟敢,你怎么敢;
eg. How dare you pick up the phone and listen in on my conversations!
你竟敢拿起電話偷聽我的談話!
eg. Suddenly the peace was destroyed by someone shouting, 'Get back! Go away! How dare you!'
突然平靜被打破了,就聽見有人在喊:“滾回去!滾開!大膽!”
n. 報仇,報復,復仇愿望,獲得滿足的機會
v