重點講解:
1. why the long face
干嘛拉長著臉呢;
eg. Why the long face? You were laughing few moments ago, weren't you?
干嗎拉長著臉?幾分鐘前你不是還在笑嗎?
eg. Why the long face, Frank? I've never seen you look so fed up.
弗蘭克 。為什么板著臉?我從沒有看到你這樣不高興 。
2. first of all
第一;首先;
eg. Marriage is, first of all, a contract which must be governed by justice.
婚姻首先是一種契約,它必須以公正為制約 。
eg. First of all, you should know what profession suits you.
首先,你該知道什么職業適合你 。
3. what's the matter
出什么事了;
eg. You look fed up. What's the matter?
你滿臉不高興的樣子 。怎么啦?
eg. I don't know what's the matter, I feel wretched at one time, and buoyant at another.
我也不明白是怎么回事,一會兒覺得喪氣,一會兒又覺得輕快 。
4. what's up
出什么事啦?出什么問題啦?出什么毛病啦?
eg. What's up? You look depressed.
怎么了?你看上去很不高興 。
eg. What's up? There's such a loud noise in the corridor.
出什么事啦?走廊里喧鬧聲那么大 。
5. what's wrong
怎么了?
eg. You're like a cat on hot bricks today.What's wrong?
你今天煩躁不安,出什么事了?
eg. Hi, Karen. What's wrong? You haven't touched your food.
嗨,卡倫,怎么了? 你一口飯都沒吃 。
6. fall over
摔倒;跌倒;倒下;
eg. If he drinks more than two glasses of wine he falls over.
如果他喝酒超過兩杯,就會醉倒 。
eg. He pretended to fall over.
他假裝跌倒 。
7. how about
(用于提出建議或邀請)怎么樣好嗎;
eg. How about going to a concert?
去聽音樂會如何?
eg. How about if we go tomorrow instead?
我們改成明天去怎么樣?
8. cheer up
(使)高興起來;(使)振作起來;
eg. Try and cheer up a bit; life isn't that bad!
想辦法高興點兒,生活并不是那么糟!
eg. I think he misses her terribly. You might cheer him up.
我估計他是太想念她了 。也許你可以讓他打起點兒精神來 。
動詞fall的過去式
n. 獸皮
v