重點講解:
1. can't wait to do sth.
等不及;迫不及待;渴望做某事;
eg. We can't wait to get started.
我們迫不及待地想開始 。
eg. I can't wait to tell all my friends.
我等不及要去告訴我的朋友們 。
2. what's the damage
多少錢?
eg. What's the damage for the repair?
修理費要多少錢?
eg. After finishing a large dinner in the restaurant last night, I asked the waiter "What's the damage? " and prepared to pay the bill.
昨天,在餐廳的大型宴會結束后,我問服務員“多少錢”,準備埋單 。
3. at least
(表示相對于不利條件或糟糕情形)起碼,不管怎樣;
eg. She's completely homeless at least I have my parents to fall back on.
她是真正無家可歸--我至少有父母可依靠 。
eg. It was a comforting thought that at least her father hadn't suffered.
令人寬慰的是,至少她爸爸沒有遭受痛苦 。
4. can't help
不禁;忍不住;無法控制;
eg. He can't help a suppressed giggle.
他忍不住偷笑了一聲 。
eg. I can't help feeling sorry for the poor man.
我不禁為這個可憐的男人感到難過 。
5. what if
……怎么樣?
eg. What if we rent a few video tapes from the rental shop?
我們去租一些錄影帶來看怎么樣?
eg. Okay, what if I buy you anything you want from craft service?
那好如果我從工作餐那里給你買點東西怎么樣?
v. 吃吃地笑,格格地笑