Finn: Welcome to The English We Speak. I'm Finn.
芬:大家好,歡迎來到“我們所說的英語”欄目。我是芬。
Feifei: I'm Feifei.
菲菲:我是菲菲。
Finn: We've just had a fantastic meal.
芬:我們剛剛吃的飯太棒了!
Feifei: So full. How much did we eat?
菲菲:好飽啊,我們吃了多少錢?
Finn: Well, we started with a big pot of chicken soup, then some lovely Vietnamese fried spring rolls, a plate of gorgeous Polish dumplings, oh, and a huge steak, then half a pizza, some roast potatoes...
芬:嗯,我們開始喝了一大盆雞湯,然后是一些可愛的越南炸春卷,一盤超棒的波蘭餃子,和一大塊牛排,接著是半塊披薩,一些烤土豆......
Feifei: Ooh, Finn stop…
菲菲:噢,芬,停下來,別說了......
Finn: …fish pie, ooh and some sushi, that was nice… mmm and ice-cream…
芬:魚肉派,一些壽司,那很美味的,還有冰激凌......
Feifei: Don't mention all that food! I'm so, so full. I'm exhausted. I need to sleep! (yawning)
菲菲:不要再提那些食物了!我太飽了,我好累,我需要睡覺!(大喊)
Finn: Really? I'm full of beans!
芬:真的嗎?我精神飽滿!
Feifei: Beans? That's the one thing we didn't eat!
菲菲:豆子?我們沒有吃豆子啊!
Finn: Oh yes, we didn't. Yes, well what I meant was – I'm full of energy. Full of beans is an expression meaning full of energy and enthusiasm. Isn't that right Feifei? Feifei? Hello?
芬:是的,我們沒吃。我指的是我充滿了能量。慢慢的豆子是一個詞組可以用來表示充滿力量和激情。對吧,菲菲?菲菲?你還在嗎?
Feifei: (snoring)
菲菲:(打鼾)
Finn: Well I think she's fallen asleep. While she rests, I'll play some examples...Beatrice worked an 18-hour day yesterday and then went to a rock concert. She must have only had two hours sleep. How come she's so full of beans today?I'm not very lively in the mornings, but my children are always full of beans as soon as they wake up!I love Martin, he's always full of beans. It's so much fun having him around.
芬:我覺得她睡著了。趁她在休息,我來舉幾個例子。碧翠斯昨天工作了18個時然后去聽了一場搖滾音樂會。她一定只睡了兩個小時。她究竟為什么今天還能這么精神飽滿呢? 我早晨不太有活力,但是我的孩子們總是一醒來就生龍活虎的。 我愛馬丁,他總是精神飽滿,和他在一起感覺很有趣。
Finn:Feifei?
芬:菲菲?
Feifei: Oh hi. Where am I? What am I doing in the… oh, we're in the studio. I was dreaming about beans.
菲菲:噢,你好。我在哪?我在干什么......哦,我們在演播室。我剛剛夢到了豆子。
Finn: I'm not surprised! Tell you what, why don't you just go back to sleep.
芬:我并不感到驚訝!告訴你,你為什么不繼續睡覺去。
Feifei: (snoring)
菲菲:(打鼾)
Finn: (whispering) Ok, well hope you've enjoyed learning a new phrase today and that you're all full of beans! If you are, come and visit our website bbclearningenglish.com. Right, I'm off for a 10 km run. Full of beans, me. Bye!
芬:(私語)好的,希望你們喜歡今天學到的新短語,也希望你們一直精神飽滿!如果是的話,請訪問我們的網站bbclearningenglish.com。對了,我要去參加10千米的長跑了,我精神飽滿!再見!
Feifei: (snoring loudly)
菲菲:(大聲打鼾)