Time for Lunch
午餐時間
At a sidewalk cafe Kathy and Evan stop for lunch.
凱西和艾凡停在人行道旁的一家小館吃午餐。
E:This is the life. Too bad we couldn't travel like this for the rest of our lives.
艾凡:這才是人生。很遺憾我們今后不能天天像這樣子旅行。
K:Nah. I'd get bored with it.
凱西:不。天天這樣旅行我會厭煩的。
E:Are you kidding? Why wouldn't you want to see the whole world?
艾凡:你在開玩笑吧?你為什么不想看看整個世界呢?
K:I would. But I also want to work, have a family, be with my friends,...
凱西:我想啊。但我也想工作、成家、和朋友們相聚……
E:Yeah, I get your point. "All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy," but all play and no work would be weird, too.
艾凡:嗯,我懂妳的意思。“只工作不游戲使人乏味沒生氣”,但只游戲不工作也很怪異。
K:That's true. So, what are we having for lunch? Have you decided yet?
凱西:沒錯。那么,我們午餐吃什么呢?你決定了嗎?
E:I think I'll try the soup du jour. It's probably a local style. I want to try local food. And the pickled herring platter looks good, too.
艾凡:我想我要試試本日特選湯。這也許是一道本地風味的料理。我想試試本地的食物。而這道腌鯡魚盤看起來也不錯。
K:All right. I'll have the fried chicken and coleslaw.
凱西:好吧。我要吃炸雞和生菜沙拉。
E:Beverage of choice?
艾凡:要喝什么飲料?
K:Iced tea. And you'll have a beer, right?
凱西:冰茶。而你要喝啤酒,對吧?
E:Natch. I like their local Carlsberg. It's very refreshing.
艾凡:想當然耳。我喜歡當?shù)氐目査贡て【疲浅L嵘窠鈩凇?/p>
K:And dessert?
凱西:那么,甜點呢?
E:Let's wait to see how much the main course is. I don't want to be stuffed and keep on shopping.
艾凡:咱們待會兒看看主菜的量有多少再說吧。我不想撐著肚子繼續(xù)購物。
K:Good point. Oh, waiter!
凱西:有道理。喂,服務生!