The Soccer Stadium
足球場
Kathy and Evan take a look at Amsterdam's soccer stadium.
凱西和艾凡參觀一下阿姆斯特丹的足球場。
K:Man, this place is big!
凱西:天啊,這地方真大!
E:It has to be. Soccer is the number one sport throughout Europe.
艾凡:它一定得這么大。足球是歐洲最受歡迎的一項運動。
In the States we have the Big Three:
在美國,我們有三大運動項目:
baseball, football, and basketball, but there's only the Big One here in Europe: soccer.
棒球、美式足球和籃球,但是在歐洲只有一大運動項目:足球。
K:Can you play soccer, Evan?
凱西:艾凡,你會踢足球嗎?
E:I never have. I think my high school had a team, but I went out for baseball. Did you join any sports teams in school, Kathy?
艾凡:我從來沒踢過。我想我念的高中有一支足球校隊,但是我加入了棒球隊。凱西,你有沒有參加學校的任何運動隊伍呢?
K:In high school I went out for track. The 400- and 800-meter runs.
凱西:高中時我加入了田徑隊──四百公尺和八百公尺賽跑。
E:Wow! Those are tough races.
艾凡:哇!那些都是蠻艱辛的速度競賽。
K:Yeah. That's probably why I didn't do very well at them.
凱西:沒錯。那可能是我沒辦法在這兩項運動中表現優異的原因。
E:It's more important to enjoy the game and get stronger from sports than to perform well in them.
艾凡:享受運動的樂趣和藉此強身比在運動項目上表現優異更為重要。
K:Were you a good baseball player?
凱西:你棒球打得很好嗎?
E:I was so-so. Anyway, let's exercise a little. Last one to the goal post there is a rotten egg!
艾凡:我打得普普通通。不管怎樣,咱們來運動一下吧。最后一個跑到終點的人是王八蛋!