Diarmuid: Hi I'm Diarmuid. 嗨,我是圣保羅。
Yang Li: (unhappy) And I'm Yang Li. 我是楊麗。
Diarmuid: You OK today Yang Li? You sound a bit down. 楊麗你今天好嗎?你聽起來有些低落。
Yang Li: Nah, I'm OK, just annoyed about my new camera. 沒有,我挺好的,我的新相機讓我挺心煩的。
Diarmuid: What happened? 發生什么了?
Yang Li: It's broken. 它壞了。
Diarmuid: Really? That's annoying, you only bought it yesterday. 真的嗎?真讓人心煩,我昨天才買的相機。
Yang Li: Yes, and I was so looking forward to taking pictures today. The weather's perfect. 是的,我今天本想拍些照片的。天氣很好。
Diarmuid: Sounds like you've got the hump. 聽上去你很生氣。
Yang Li: Tell me about it. 今天我們要學的新詞語是 to get the hump 意思是讓人窩火的。Hump原意是駱駝脊背上的駝峰,不過我們不清楚這個短語究竟和駱駝有什么關系。
Examples
A: Do you know where Mike is? I want to ask him something. 你知道麥克在哪里嗎?我想問他些事。
B: Mike? He's still in his room in a bad mood. He's had the hump all morning. 麥克?他還在自己的房間里生氣呢。他一早上都不高興。
A: I really don't think that dress suits you. 我真覺得這件衣服不適合你。
B: What? It's my favourite! 什么?這是我最喜歡的。
A: Oh, sorry. Don't get the hump. I just think you look better in purple. 哦,抱歉,別生氣。我只是覺得你穿紫色會更好看。
Yang Li: So, you can use this phrase in different ways: he's got the hump. 所以你可以用不同的方式用這個短語:他窩火了。
Diarmuid: He had the hump yesterday. 他昨天很生氣。
Yang Li: And, that really gave him the hump. 他確實很生氣。
Diarmuid: You're sounding a bit better Yang Li anyway. Let's have a look at that camera. 楊麗,你聽上去好多了。讓我看下你的相機。
Yang Li: Here you go... 給你……
Diarmuid: Why don't you just press... There you go. 為什么你不按下……相機可以拍了。
Yang Li: Eh, it's working! 額,能拍了!
Diarmuid: Looks like it. 像這樣。
Yang Li: Great, thanks Diarmuid. You are a star! 太好了,圣保羅,你真棒!
Diarmuid: Goodbye hump. 不爽的情緒沒有啦。