新英語900句視頻版 第32課:奧尼爾的掩護 文本如下:MR.NIKZAD: Captain, would you tell me who is responsible for catching the thieves? I'd like to thank him personally.
警長,您可不可以告訴我,逮捕那些賊的人是誰?我想親自向他道謝.
CAPT.JAMISON: You know him.
你認識他的.
MR.NIKZAD: I do?
真的?
CAPT.JAMISON: But I must ask you not to tell anyone who he is.
不過,我必須請你不要告訴任何人他是誰,
CAPT.JAMISON: He's one of our undercover men.
他是我們的一個便衣警員.
MR.NIKZAD: Certainly.
那當然!
CAPT.JAMISON: Sergeant O'Neill. Would you step into my office?
歐尼爾警官,請到我的辦公室來一下.
BILL: Captain?
什么事,警長?
MR.NIKZAD: Mr. O'Neill. The ice cream vendor! I don't believe it. Ali was right.
歐尼爾先生,那個冰淇淋販!我真想不到!原來阿里是對的!
CAPT.JAMISON: Who was right?
誰對了?
MR.NIKZAD: My son, Ali.
我的兒子阿里.
MR.NIKZAD: He never stops talking about Mr. O'Neill.
他一天到晚都在講歐尼爾先生.
MR.NIKZAD: He always says, "Mr. O'Neill is a secret agent."
他總是說: 「歐尼爾先生是個密探.」
CAPT.JAMISON: Sergeant, you didn't say anything to the boy, did you?
警官,你該沒有對那個小孩說什么吧?
MR.NIKZAD: Captain, I'm sure he didn't have to. Ali is very... what is the word in English... imaginative.
警長,我相信他用不著說.阿里這孩子非常...
英文怎么講...
想像力很豐富.
MR.NIKZAD: He enjoys pretending to be you, Sergeant. You are his hero.
警官,你是他心目中的英雄,他崇拜你,很喜歡學你.
BILL: He's a fine boy.
他是個好孩子.
MR.NIKZAD: And he loves talking to you about baseball.
他也很喜歡和你談棒球.
MR.NIKZAD: He keeps trying to learn,
他一直試著學,
MR.NIKZAD: but I don't know how to play, so I can't teach him.
可是我不會玩,所以就沒辦法教他.
MR.NIKZAD: But tell me Sergeant, how did you know those three were thieves?
那么,警官請你告訴我,你怎么知道那三個人是強盜?
BILL: I suspected something right away.
我一開始就起疑心.
BILL: They kept walking back and forth in front of the bank.
他們在銀行的門口一直走來走去,
BILL: After watching them for three days, I knew something was going to happen soon.
在注意他們三天以后,我就知道不久即會有事情發生了.
MR.NIKZAD: Why did you wait three days before acting?
你為什么要等三天才采取行動呢?
BILL: We needed more proof,
因為我們需要更多的證據,
BILL: so I started noting their movements carefully. I sold ice cream right under their noses.
所以我開始細心地觀察他們的行蹤.我就在他們的跟前賣冰淇淋.
MR.NIKZAD: I am impressed, Sergeant, impressed and grateful. But what a shame. Ali can never know he was right.
我真欽佩你,警官,欽佩又感激.但是,真可惜,阿里永遠不會知道他是對的.
HUSSEIN: Ali! Did you hear? There was a robbery at Dad's bank!
阿里!你知不知道?爸爸的銀行被人搶劫!
ALI: Wow! Did they take a lot of money?
哇!他們搶了很多錢嗎?
HUSSEIN: No. Some undercover policemen at the Fair caught the thieves.
沒有,萬博會有便衣警察把強盜抓到了.
ALI: I bet Mr. O'Neill did it!
我想一定是歐尼爾先生抓的,
ALI: When I grow up, I want to be a secret agent like Mr. O'Neill.
我長大了以后,我要當密探,就像歐尼爾先生一樣.
HUSSEIN: Ali, Mr. O'Neill is an ice cream vendor!
阿里,歐尼爾先生是冰淇淋攤販!