新英語900句視頻版 第30課:問路 文本如下:
MR.YAMAMOT:Excuse me, sir.
先生請問您,
MR.YAMAMOT:Can you tell me where the Japanese Garden is?
能不能告訴我,日本花園在那里?
BILL: It's quite a long walk from here. Why don't you take the Fair bus? It stops right over there, in the Plaza of Nations. Between the statue and the fountain.
從這里走到那邊相當遠,您不妨搭乘博覽會公車,它就停在那邊,在廣場里的雕像和噴水池之間.
MR.YAMAMOT:The statue? Excuse me, I don't see as well as I used to.
雕像啊?對不起,我不像以前看得那么清楚.
ALI: Hi, Mr. O'Neill.
嗨,歐尼爾先生.
BILL: Oh, hi, Ali.
哦,阿里你好,
BILL: Would you do me a favor?
你愿不愿意幫我一個忙?
ALI: Sure.
好.
BILL: Would you take this gentleman to the bus stop over there?
請你帶這位先生到那邊巴士站,好不好?
ALI: Sure. Hi. Where do you want to go?
好,嗨,你要去那里?
BILL: The gentleman wants to go to the bus stop, Ali.
這位先生要到巴士站,阿里.
ALI: But where are you going after that?
然后你要去那里呢?
BILL: He asks a lot of questions.
他問了許多問題.
ALI: My father says I shouldn't ask so many questions.
我爸爸說我不該問這么多問題,
ALI: He says it's not polite. So I'm sorry. But I still want to know.
他說這樣不禮貌.所以我道歉,但是我還是想知道.
BILL: Ali, the next bus will be here any minute.
阿里,下一班車隨時會來.
MR.YAMAMOT:I'm going to the Japanese Garden.
我要到日本花園去.
ALI: Are you Japanese? I'm from Iran.
你是不是日本人?我是伊朗人.
MR.YAMAMOT:I was born in Japan.
我在日本出生.
ALI: I went to the Japanese Garden last week.
我上個禮拜到日本花園去過.
MR.YAMAMOT:Did you?
噢,你去過啦?
ALI: Yes, it's very pretty. My mother liked it very much. I think it's too quiet there,
是的,非常漂亮,我媽媽很喜歡.我覺得那邊太安靜了,
ALI: but I'll go with you if you want.
不過,如果你要去的話,我就陪你去.
MR.YAMAMOT:Thank you. But if you come with me, your parents won't know where you are.
謝謝.不過,你如果陪我去,你父母就會不知道你到那里去了.
ALI: If you wait, I'll tell my parents where I'm going.
你若能等我一下,我就告訴我爸爸媽媽我要去那里.
MR.YAMAMOT:You are a good boy.
你真乖.
MR.YAMAMOT:Maybe some other time.
或許,改天吧.
ALI: Do you come here a lot? I'm here every afternoon. My father works in that bank. That's my friend, Mr. O'Neill, the ice cream man.
你常常來這里嗎?我每天下午都在這里.我爸爸就在那個銀行里上班,那位是我的朋友,歐尼爾先生,冰淇淋攤販.
MR.YAMAMOT:Here's the bus. Good-bye, Ali. And thank you.
巴士來了,再見,阿里,謝謝你!