新英語900句視頻版 第27課:宴會 文本如下:
MICHAEL: Good-bye, Miguel. Nice meeting you. Good-bye, Marta. Thanks for coming.
米蓋爾再見, 很高興認識你. 瑪它再見, 謝謝你的光臨.
MARTA: Bye. Don't forget our English lesson on Wednesday.
再見, 星期三補習英文, 你可不要忘了!
MICHAEL: I won't. I'll be there. And why don't you come, too, Miguel?
放心好了, 我會來的, 米蓋爾你也來, 好不好?
MIGUEL: Thank you. I will. And thank you for inviting me to the party. It was a lot of fun.
謝謝, 我會來的, 謝謝你邀請我參加宴會. 我玩得很開心.
MARTA: Thank you again, Michael. I'll see you next Wednesday. Joana, it was a pleasure meeting you.
麥可, 謝謝你, 下星期三見. 瓊娜, 很高興認識你.
JOANA: Thank you. It was a pleasure meeting you and Miguel.
謝謝, 很高興認識你和米蓋爾.
ALL: Good night.
晚安!
MICHAEL: Well.
好了,
MICHAEL: Let's sit down for a few minutes.
我們坐一會吧.
MICHAEL: I can clean up later.
我等一會再清理.
JOANA: No, let me help you.
不, 讓我來幫你忙.
MICHAEL: No, that's all right. I can do it by myself in the morning.
不必; 沒關系, 明天早上我可以自己清理.
JOANA: It was a very nice party. It's too bad Paulo had to work late.
宴會很成功, 可惜保羅必須加班.
MICHAEL: Yes, it is, but I'm glad you had a good time.
嗯, 很可惜! 不過, 我很高興你玩得很開心.
JOANA: I liked your friends.
我喜歡你的朋友.
MICHAEL: They liked you, too. I could tell. As a matter of fact, you made everybody feel comfortable.
他們也喜歡你. 我看得出來, 事實上, 你使大家都感到很自在.
JOANA: That's easy. You're a great host.
那很容易, 你是個出色的主人.
MICHAEL: Well, you're a pretty good hostess.
那么, 你是個很棒的女主人了,
MICHAEL: I was tired of giving parties by myself.
我自己辦宴會都辦累了.
JOANA: You know, when I was a teenager,
知道嗎? 我在少女時代
JOANA: I used to go to parties all the time.
經常參加聚會.
JOANA: I enjoyed myself every minute--parties, dances, boys.
我一天到晚玩得非常開心, 參加聚會, 去跳舞, 交男朋友.
MICHAEL: It sounds like fun.
聽來蠻有趣的.
JOANA: It was. I used to live from dance to dance.
真的很好玩, 一個舞會結束了, 我就開始期待著下一個,
JOANA: On the weekends,
到了周末,
JOANA: Paulo and I never used to be home.
我和保羅根本就不慣于待在家里.
MICHAEL: Paulo? I don't believe it.
保羅? 真難以置信,
MICHAEL: I thought he worked all the time--like my brother.
我還以為他只懂得工作, 就像我哥哥一樣.
JOANA: Your brother? I didn't know you had a brother.
你哥哥? 我還不知道你有一個哥哥.
MICHAEL: It's a long story.
一言難盡.
JOANA: We have time.
我們有的是時間.
MICHAEL: OK. How about a cup of coffee? Then I'll tell you about myself.
好, 要不要喝杯咖啡? 然后我告訴你一些關于我自己的事.
JOANA: Let me help.
我來幫忙.
MICHAEL: No. That's OK. This kitchen is too small for two. Look around. Make yourself at home.
不, 我來就可以了. 這個廚房太小, 不能容納兩個人. 到處隨便看看, 不要拘束.