新英語900句視頻版 第25課:克萊爾第一天上班 文本如下:
LAURA: Your coat, Mr. Farias.
法瑞斯先生, 您的大衣.
PAUL:Thank you, Ms. Segura, Good day.
謝謝你, 瑟姑拉小姐, 再見.
LAURA: Good day, sir.
再見, 先生.
LAURA: As you see, Claire, the office is very formal.
如你所看到的, 這里是非常規規矩矩的.
CLAIRE: Yes,
嗯,
CLAIRE: I realized that when Mr. Crawford interviewed me.
郭佛先生面試的時候我就領會到了.
LAURA: Well, let's go on. The files are easy. We keep our files in alphabetical order.
好了, 我們繼續吧. 檔案很簡單, 我們這里的檔案按照字母順序排列.
CLAIRE: Who handles the accounts?
誰管帳?
LAURA: We have an accountant.
我們請到一位會計師,
LAURA: He comes in once a month and goes over the books.
他一個月來查一次帳.
CLAIRE: Laura, may I ask you a question?
羅拉, 我有一件事想問你一下, 可以嗎?
LAURA: Of course.
當然可以.
CLAIRE: May I ask why you're leaving?
我想問你為什么辭職?
LAURA: I'd rather not say.
我寧可不說.
CLAIRE: I understand. I'm sorry.
我了解, 對不起.
LAURA: No, don't apologize. Where were we? Oh, yes.
沒關系, 不用道歉. 剛才我們講到哪里了? 哦, 對了,
LAURA: Well, we keep the office supplies in this cabinet-paper, typewrite ribbons, pads, pencils, pens, envelopes, etc.
公司的文具都放在這個柜子里: 紙張、 打字機色帶、 便箋 (印色) 、 鉛筆、 鋼筆、 信封等等.
LAURA: Do you have any questions so far?
到此為止有沒有問題?
CLAIRE: Yes. How often do you work late?
有, 你時常工作得很晚嗎?
LAURA: Hardly ever.
幾乎沒有過,
LAURA: Mr. Crawford doesn't like to pay overtime.
郭佛先生不喜歡付加班費.
CLAIRE: Good. Because I don't know if I can stay late. I go to school at night.
很好, 因為我不知道我是否能留得很晚, 我晚上要上課.
LAURA: What are you studying?
你念什么?
CLAIRE: Law. when I was a girl, I wanted to be a lawyer. And I'm going to be one.
法律, 我小的時候 就想作律師, 而我即將就是了.
LAURA: I admire you.
我真佩服你,
LAURA: It must be difficult to work while you're going to school.
一邊上班一邊讀書一定很辛苦.
CLAIRE: It is, but it's what I want to do.
苦雖苦, 不過那正是我希望做的.
LAURA: Good luck. Oh, I almost forgot. We publish a World's Fair newsletter. Henry Leeds is the editor. His office is across the hall. I think that's it.
祝好運. 哦, 我幾乎忘記了, 我們出版一份萬國博覽會期刊, 編輯是里德斯. 他的辦公室在走廊對面, 我想那就是.
CLAIRE: Uh - where's the ladies' room?
嗯... 女用盥洗室在哪里?
LAURA: Oh, around the corner, second door on the left.
噢, 轉彎 左邊第二個門.
CLAIRE: I want to thank you for all your help.
我必須謝謝你幫我這么多的忙.
LAURA: I was happy to do it. Here are the keys. After 5:00 today, it's all yours. One more thing, be on time! He gets angry when you're late.
我很高興能夠幫你忙, 鑰匙給你. 今天五點后 全交給你了, 還有一件事, 要準時來! 當你遲到的時候他會生氣的.
AA: What am I doing here? What's wrong with this office? Everyone's so quiet. Nobody talks, nobody smiles.
我在這里做什么? 這家公司是怎么搞的? 所有的人都那么沈默, 沒有人說話, 沒有人微笑.
AA: Oh well, yesterday was only the first day, and things can change. In any case, it won't last forever.
不要想了, 昨天只是第一天; 情況總可以改變. 無論如何, 這是暫時性的.
AA: All right. It's 8:30. Where is everybody?
好了, 八點半了, 人都到哪里去了?
AA: You're early, Claire. Relax. Look around. I wonder where the newsletter file is.
克蕾爾, 你來早了, 不要緊張, 熟悉環境, 我不知道那個期刊檔案在哪里?
CLAIRE:Good morning, Mr. Crawford.
您早.郭佛先生
MR.CRAWFORD:Good morning, Ms... Lindstrom. You're here early. Excellent.
早安, 林斯頓小姐, 你來早了, 很好.
AA: I don't know when I'm going find the time to study. I can study during my lunch hour, I guess.
我不知道什么時候才能抽空念書. 大概可以在吃午餐的時候念書吧! 我想
AA: Here they come. 8:55 exactly.
他們來了, 八點五十五分正.
HENRY:Good morning, Claire. My name is Henry. We met yesterday. I edit the newsletter.
克蕾爾早, 我叫亨利, 我們昨天見過面的. 期刊是我編輯的.
CLAIRE:Yes, of course I remember. Good morning, Henry.
對, 我當然記得, 亨利您早.