第四節:做個幽默的主持人
【瘋狂星級】
★ ★★★ 四星級•大學四六級•國際商務級
【瘋狂短評】
想成為一位成功的主持人,不僅需要出色的語言表達能力,同時還需要廣泛的知識、靈巧的應變和一絲幽默。幽默的主持能夠吸引觀眾的注意力,活躍氣氛,讓你輕松掌握全局。——“幽默一點,成功一點。”
【Kim’s Note】Most people are afraid to be a host or a master of ceremonies (MC) because they don’t have enough confidence. If you know the right words to say, this job is a piece of cake. Use our example to practice your skills and you will be able to volunteer for this important job at your next company function. Once you hear a room full of people applauding your speech, you will always want to be in charge of every meeting, event or banquet.
Ladies and Gentlemen:
女士們,先生們:
[1] It is my job to introduce the foreign guests who will be spending the week with us here. I must say that I’m a little at a loss『不知所措』 as to『關于』 how to introduce them. I wanted to say at first the tall one, or the one with blond hair, or the one with blue eyes, or something like that to help you remember them. Now, seeing them all here together for the first time, I see what a problem I have: They’re all tall, they all have blond hair, and they all seem to have blue eyes, too. Oh well, you’ll just have to remember their names.
[1] 我的責任是介紹這些將與我們共度這一周的外國客人們。我必須表明對于如何介紹他們,我有點不知所措。剛開始我會介紹說高個的、金發的、或藍眼睛的幫助你們記住他們。現在他們都到了這里,我遇到了個大問題:他們都是高個子,金發,看起來也都是藍眼睛。好吧,你們只好記住他們的名字了。
[2] Mr. Sam White comes to us from the University of Kentucky where he is majoring in economics『經濟學』. He is most noticeable『顯著的;顯而易見的』 for his southern accent『口音』. Miss Kelly Brown comes from the University of Wisconsin. She is majoring in modern languages, so she will be happy to speak in French or Chinese to any one of you. Mr. Jim Smith is from the City College of New York. He tells me he is a city boy, and this is his first time to live in a camp like this. If he gets scared『害怕;恐懼;受驚』 at the night noises, be patient『耐心的;容忍的』 with him.
[2] 山姆•懷特先生來自肯塔基大學,主攻經濟學。他有很濃重的南方口音。凱利•布朗小姐來自威斯康星大學,專業是現代語言學,她會很高興與你們中的某個人講法語或中文。吉姆•史密斯先生來自紐約城市大學。他告訴我他是一個都市男孩,這是他第一次過這種野營生活。如果他晚上感到害怕,請你們多多見諒。
[3] The last person to introduce is Miss Julia Cook, who is a social worker『社會工作者』 for the City of Los Angeles. She has a headache, owing to『由于』 the weather here, but she is now accustomed to『習慣于』 it.
[3] 最后一位要介紹的是朱利亞•庫克,她是洛杉機市政府的社會工作者。由于這里的天氣原因她有些頭疼,不過她現在已經適應了。
[4] Seriously, thank you all for coming and taking part in our camp. All of us hope that you will enjoy yourselves.
[4] 說真的,謝謝你們來加入我們的野營。我們全體人員祝你們過得愉快。
【李陽瘋狂英語“三最”口腔肌肉訓練記錄為:55秒】
【李陽瘋狂英語“一口氣“訓練記錄為:5.5口氣】
【額外成就感】
at a loss
* He was at a loss for words.
(他不知說什么話好。)
* She is at a loss as what to do.
(她不知怎么辦才好。)
as to
* He didn't say anything as to where he would go.
(關于他的去處他什么也沒說。)
* As to you, I despise you.
(至于你,我看不起你。)
* As to your offer, I’m afraid I can’t accept it.
(對于你的好意,恐怕我不能接受。)
noticeable
* The class made noticeable improvement.
(這班有明顯的進步。)
* The stain on the dress isn’t really noticeable.
(那件衣服上的污漬并不很明顯。)
* You have a noticeable Beijing accent.
(你有明顯的北京口音。)
scare
* I’m so sorry. I didn’t mean to scare you.
(我很抱歉,我不是有意要嚇你。)
* The sudden noise scared the dog away/off.
(突然的響聲把狗嚇跑了。)
* Don’t be scared of him.
(不要怕他。)
patient
* You should be more patient with others.
(你應該對別人耐心一些。)
* It seems you are not very patient with me.
(你似乎對我不大有耐心。)
owing to
* The service is poor owing to the shortage of staff.
(服務之所以差是因為缺少服務員。)
* Owing to the rain, the baseball game was interrupted.
(由于暴雨,那場棒球比賽被中斷了。)
be accustomed to
* He was accustomed to poor food.
(他習慣于粗茶淡飯。)
* We are accustomed to working hard.
(我們習慣于努力工作。)
* I’m not accustomed to staying up so late at night.
(我不習慣熬夜熬那么晚。)