Dialogue 4
Would you please weigh this letter to see what the postage is?
麻煩您稱一下這封信,看看需要多少郵資,好嗎?
Do you want to send it by or registered mail?
您是要寄普通還是掛號信?
By ordinary air mail,please.
請給我寄普通航空信。
Anything of value in it?
里面有什么值錢的東西嗎?
A postal order for four hundred dollars.
一張400美元的郵政匯票。
In that case,you'd better have it registered.
既然那樣,您最好寄掛號信。
Will I be informed when my friend gets the letter?
當我的朋友收到這封信時,我會被通知嗎?
Yes,when your friend gets it,
是的,當您的朋友收到信后,
he'll sign a receipt,which will be sent to you by mail.
他將簽一張收據,這張收據會寄給您,
Then you can be sure it's been received.
您就可以確定他收到了。
All right,I'll have it registered,then.
好,那我就寄掛號信。