Unit5 Part1 Describing your company's products
一、Dialogue(一)
DON BRADLEY: Let' s have a run through. We must get this right.
堂.布拉德利:我們先排練一遍。我們一定不要出問題。
First we have the introductions and the agenda.
首先我們進行介紹和議程安排。
Second I talk about the background.
其次,我來談一下背景、
Company growth, staffing levels, return on investment, turnover, and pre-tax profit.
公司增長、員工水平、投資回報率、營業額以及稅前利潤。
Third Derek, you talk about the product range.
第三,德里克,你談論一下產品的范圍.
At this stage of the presentation we want to present a broad company profile.
這個階段,我們只是給出大概的公司情況。
Don' t give too much detail about specific products.
不用給出太多產品的細節。
DEREK JONES: Okay Don. I' ll describe the range and say which products are successful.
德里克.瓊斯:好的,堂。我會描述一下產品范圍,說明那些產品是成功的。
DON BRADLEY: Good. Mr. Sakai may want to discuss certain products so be ready for that.
堂.布拉德利:好。酒井先生或許會就某些問題談論一下,要做好準備。
At the end of this section of the presentation I will ask Mr. Sakai if he has any questions.
這個階段的演示結束時,我會問酒井先生是否問題。
We won' t discuss research and development at this stage,That will come at the end.
這個階段,還不必討論研發問題,這最后再說。
Then Kate, you talk about major markets and sales strategy.
然后,凱特,你來談主要的市場和銷售策略。
Is everything ready?
一切都準備好了嗎?
KATE MCKENNA: Everything is ready. And rehearsed.
凱特.麥凱納:都準備好了。開始排練。
PHIL WATSON: Right, the product title goes here...
菲爾.沃森:對,產品名稱在這兒……
Just remind me, is the product called Big Boss or The Big Boss?
記得提醒我,產品是叫 Big Boss還是 The Big Boss?
EDWARD GREEN: Big Boss.
愛德華.格林:Big Boss/大老板。
PHIL WATSON: Okay. These letters?
菲爾.沃森:好的。是用這些文字?
Or these black letters?
還是這些黑色文字?
EDWARD GREEN: No, I don' t like those letters.
愛德華,格林:不,我不喜歡那些文字。
PHIL WATSON: Okay. These?
菲爾.沃森:好的。這些呢?
EDWARD GREEN: Can they be larger?
愛德華.格林:可以大些嗎?
PHIL WATSON: Yes. Like this.
菲爾.沃森:可以。象這個。
It looks good like that.
那樣看起來不錯。
EDWARD GREEN: Excellent. It' s very clear. It' s easy to read. That' s what I want.
愛德華.格林:非常好。很清楚。讀起來容易些。正是我想要的。
DON BRADLEY: Again, welcome to Bibury Systems.
堂.布拉德利:再次歡迎你光臨Bibury系統公司。
We' re very honoured to have the opportunity of making this presentation to you, Mr. Sakai.
我們很榮幸有機會向你做這次演示, 酒井先生。
In the next hour and a half, we hope to show that:
在接下來的1個半小時的時間,我們希望展示:
1. Bibury Systems has the right product range for today' s market place, and ambitious plans for the future.
1、Bibury系統公司的產品對當今市場是暢銷對路的,并且也有對未來的宏偉計劃。
2. That our market share in Europe is growing at a steady rate.
2、我們在歐洲市場的分額在平穩增長。
3. That our marketing strategy in the US is very successful.
3、我們在美國的營銷策略是很成功的。
And lastly, 4. That we can be a major player in Far Eastern markets.
最后,第四點,我們可以成為遠東市場上一個很有力的參與者。
And we are sure that we can be a major player in these markets.
我確信我們會成為這些市場的主要參與者。
If you have any questions, please feel free to interrupt at any time.
如果你有任何疑問,請隨時打斷我。
But first of all, some background information on Bibury Systems.
但首先,我們看一下Bibury系統公司的一些背景信息。
As you know, the company was started over forty years ago by Mr. Harris Senior.
該公司始于40多年前,由老哈里斯先生創辦。
In those early days, the company' s core business was model railways and cars.
創業初期,公司的核心業務是模型鐵道和汽車。
PHIL WATSON: And here we have some copy that tells us what the product can do.
菲爾.沃森:這里是一個文本,可以了解該產品可以做什么。
EDWARD GREEN: "Some toys talk, some toys listen. But Big Boss talks and listens to you."
愛德華.格林:有些玩具可以說話,有些玩具可以傾聽。但“大老板”既能說又會聽。
PHIL WATSON: And here, and here are the pictures.
菲爾.沃森:這里是一些圖片。
They show Big Boss with the accessories.
他們顯示了“大老板” 及其附件。
What do you think?
你認為怎么樣?
EDWARD GREEN: The pictures are okay, but I don' t like the copy.
愛德華.格林:圖片還好,但我不喜歡文本。
PHIL WATSON: Why not?
菲爾.沃森:為什么?
EDWARD GREEN: It' s not exciting. It doesn' t sell the product.
愛德華.格林:還不夠令人振奮。不利于產品銷售。
PHIL WATSON: "Some toys talk, some toys listen.
菲爾.沃森:有些玩具可以說話,有些玩具可以傾聽。
Big Boss talks and listens to you."
但 “大老板”既能說又會聽。
EDWARD GREEN: It' s not the way you say the words, it' s the words themselves.
愛德華.格林:不是講這些文字的方式,而是文字本身的問題。
They' re not right.
這些字有問題。
PHIL WATSON: "Some toys talk, some toys listen ..."
菲爾.沃森:有些玩具可以說話,有些玩具可以傾聽……
EDWARD GREEN: No! No! I want new words.
愛德華.格林:不!不!我想要用新詞。
Words that give Big Boss status. Words that make important.
那些可以顯示“大老板”身價的話。那些使得它重要的話。
二、New words and expressions生詞和短語
introductions and the agenda介紹和會議議程
the background公司背景